Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health
The Kansas City hospitals of HCA Midwest Health are known throughout the KC region for comprehensive care and advanced treatments for cancers of all types, and are proud to partner with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, the oncology service line of HCA, and a leader in world class cancer care.
The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is a network-accredited cancer program, one of only 63 nationally to earn network accreditation. The seven HCA Midwest Health network accredited cancer hospitals include:
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
Commission on Cancer® Accredited Program
Accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (CoC) quality program, the Sarah Cannon HCA Midwest Health cancer centers exceed the quality care standards set out by the CoC and consistently provide excellence in the delivery of comprehensive patient-centered care across our network of hospitals.
World-class oncology services
Tumors and cancer are unique, which means our treatment is unique to each patient. Treating the entire patient, not just their cancer, is central to our model of care. The care delivered throughout our programs is leading-edge, yet personal and compassionate.
At Sarah Cannon HCA Midwest Health we offer:
- Access to the largest network of cancer specialists through Sarah Cannon's global network
- Comprehensive oncology care including prevention, screening, diagnostics, treatment, wellness and survivorship
- Rapid diagnosis to treatment times
- Innovative clinical research trials with access to hundreds of community-based cancer trials (including early-phase) available through the national network
- Personalized medicine with tumor profiling to genetically target a patient's unique cancer type
- Patient navigation by highly-skilled, oncology-trained nurses to support patients through their cancer journey from discovery to survivorship
- Genetic counseling – the most advanced and comprehensive program in the region including genetic risk assessment
- Multi-disciplinary patient case conferences that are organized by specific cancer type and connect physicians from across the HCA Midwest Health network to discuss and coordinate patient treatment plans
- Highly-specialized surgical oncologists offering minimally-invasive and cutting-edge robotic surgical options
- Advanced radiation oncology therapies
- Support services for patients and caregivers including wellness, nutrition, psycho-social, rehab and survivorship
Care for specific cancer types
- Hematology (Blood)
- Complex GI, Liver & Pancreas
- Head & Neck, Neurological
Advanced cancer technology
Our patients receive the best cancer care close to home, while having access to the latest specialized technologies. We offer some of the most advanced technologies throughout the Kansas City region including:
Cancer risk assessments
Eating right and exercising are great steps toward leading a healthy life, but did you know your family history, age, and countless other factors can still put you at risk for health problems? Try our free risk assessments below to estimate your personal risk of developing breast or colorectal cancer.
* Through Sarah Cannon's cancer network.