Cancer care in Independence, Missouri
We know a cancer diagnosis can cause fear and anxiety for patients and their families. At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Centerpoint Medical Center, we are here to support and guide patients from diagnosis through recovery. As part of Sarah Cannon at HCA Midwest Health, we also have access to the latest cancer screenings, treatments and clinical research trials.
To learn more about cancer care in Independence, call Sarah Cannon at Centerpoint Medical Center at (816) 698-8290.
Personalized cancer care in Eastern Jackson County
Sarah Cannon at Centerpoint Medical Center integrates cancer diagnosis and treatment services under one roof, bringing continuity to the patient journey. Our state-of-the-art facility features advanced technologies to fight cancer in a calming, patient-centered environment.
Our cancer center brings experienced physicians from multiple specialties to Eastern Jackson County, including specialists in medical oncology, hematology and gynecologic oncology. This eliminates the need for patients to drive to multiple locations or long distances for high quality treatment and care.
Types of cancer we treat
Our hospital offers diagnoses and treatments for all types of cancer, including:
- Bladder cancer
- Blood cancer, including lymphoma, leukemia and multiple myeloma
- Brain cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Genitourinary cancer
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer
- Gynecologic Cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Throat and tongue cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Ovarian cancer
Centerpoint Medical Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer® as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Program.
Additionally, we are recognized by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) as an Accredited Breast Center.
We are also accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for positron emission tomography (PET) and radiation oncology.
Supporting your needs
We offer a wide range of cancer support programs and resources to patients with cancer and their caregivers, including educational opportunities, support counseling and nutritional guidance:
- Cancer rehabilitation: As part of our physical therapy and rehab program, we provide inpatient and outpatient cancer rehabilitation servicesto patients recovering from medical and surgical cancer treatments. Our cancer-focused rehab team is skilled in helping patients cope with the side effects that cancer and cancer treatments can cause.
- Cancer support and wellness: We offer a wide range of cancer support programs and resourcesto patients with cancer and their caregivers, including educational opportunities, support counseling and nutritional guidance.
- Patient navigation: We offer patient navigation with oncology-trained nurses who serve as points of contact for patients with cancer. Our patient nurse navigators explain diagnoses and treatments, provide educational resources and inform patients about clinical trials.
- Cancer survivorship: Classes and programs to support and educate survivors.
Getting to our cancer center
Sarah Cannon at Centerpoint Medical Center is located on our hospital's main campus on the corner of East 39th Street and Jackson Drive. Our address is:
3889 South Jackson Drive
Independence, MO 64057
Cancer Rehabilitation at Centerpoint Medical Center is on our campus in a separate building just to the left of our main hospital.
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
Centerpoint Medical Center is part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare. Our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (816) 448-7737.
Oncology at HCA Midwest Health
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology
Retrieving location data...