May 18, 2020
Two months ago, the world changed because of COVID-19 and one of the industries most impacted was healthcare. Health systems had to treat patients that were very sick while protecting others from catching the virus, scheduled procedures were paused and telehealth services were ramped up.
Now that curve has flattened, the economy is slowly reopening, health systems are beginning to schedule needed procedures.
At HCA Midwest Health, all of our hospitals have processes in place to keep patients and staff safe from COVID-19.
- All patients and visitors are screened upon entering the ER or hospital
- If a patient is scheduled for a surgery or procedure they are tested for COVID and only treated if they are negative. If positive, we have guidelines in place to get them healthy or quarantined prior to treatment
- We’re masking everyone who enters our facility
- Visitors are limited to just those who need to be here
- We’ve added more rigorous cleaning procedures, and even our cafes have new processes to safely serve food