Women's health services in Lexington, Missouri
At Lafayette Regional Health Center, we are committed to keeping women healthy. Our women's center offers comprehensive breast imaging, gynecology and surgery services, including minimally invasive approaches. Specialized care in urogynecology is also available for patients with pelvic floor conditions, such as urinary incontinence.
For more information about our women's care team, call (816) 823-0640.
Breast screening and imaging
Regular breast screenings are important for women to remain informed about their breast health. Mammograms are the most effective tool in detecting breast cancer early, which is why regular screenings are crucial to maintaining your long-term health.
In addition to identifying breast cancer, mammograms allow our imaging specialists to visualize abnormal growths, cysts, lumps and mastitis. We offer digital (3D) mammograms and breast ultrasounds for patient screenings. Soft screening pads are also used during breast imaging to enhance patient comfort.
Schedule a Mammogram
You can now schedule a screening mammogram online. For assistance scheduling your screening or diganostic mammogram please call 888-310-4755.
Urogynecologic treatment for pelvic floor conditions
The pelvic floor team at our hospital includes urologists, gynecologists and urogynecologists with extensive experience in treating pelvic floor conditions, including:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Fallen bladder
- Pelvic floor hernia
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Urinary incontinence
- Uterine prolapse
- Vaginal prolapse
Diagnosing pelvic floor dysfunction
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Cystoscopy (examining the bladder and urethra)
- Laparoscopy (minimally invasive method to view the pelvic organs)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Sigmoidoscopy (using a flexible tube to visualize the inside of the colon)
Pelvic floor treatment options
Our urogynecologists offer several treatment options for pelvic floor disorders, including:
- Burch procedures (urinary incontinence treatment that surgically returns the bladder or urethra to its normal position)
- Lysis of adhesions (removing scar tissue causing chronic pelvic pain)
- Pyeloplasty (surgically reconstructing part of the kidney)
- Retropubic suspension (closing the urethra and part of the bladder to control stress incontinence)
- Urethral suspension (providing extra support to the urethra to stop urine leakage)
- Tension-free vaginal tape procedure (placing a small piece of surgical mesh to support the urethra and close it off during times of increased pressure)
- Transvaginal suspension (placing the urethra and bladder back into the correct position)
Our gynecologists are committed to helping women receive the specialized medical care they need. Gynecologic services at our hospital include:
- Access to our free pregnancy app
- Gynecologic surgery, including:
- Outpatient procedures
- Endometrial ablation
- Laparoscopic procedures
- Management of abnormal screening results (such as Pap smears)
Prenatal and postpartum care at our medical clinics
Our hospital operates three rural health clinics in Lexington, Odessa and Higginsville. The clinics offer women's services, including prenatal screenings and newborn care after delivery. Our patients also have access to Healthy Arrivals prenatal education classes at HCA Midwest Health.
Primary care and well-woman checkups are also available at these locations. Birthing services are referred to Centerpoint Medical Center.
Women's care at HCA Midwest Health
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee's Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
- Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus