Pediatric sports medicine and orthopedic care in Kansas City
The pediatric and sports medicine specialists at HCA Midwest Health treat bone and joint injuries and conditions that affect children. We offer personalized, expert diagnosis and treatment for conditions affecting the bones, muscles and joints in children of all ages.
For more information about our pediatric orthopedic services, call (913) 541-5437 (KIDS).
Children experience muscle, bone and joint conditions differently than adults. Young bodies need specialized care for injuries and illnesses that impact their musculoskeletal system. Whether a child has a congenital condition, a sports injury or an illness, our pediatric doctors are ready to provide advanced, complete orthopedic care.
Comprehensive pediatric orthopedic care
Whether we first treat your child in the emergency room (ER) after an injury or meet them after a physician referral, your child will receive compassionate, committed care from our team of pediatric specialists. We understand that a hospital experience may be difficult for the children in our care, which is why we work hard to provide a comforting environment that's designed to ease your child's anxieties.
While your child is in our hands, you and your family benefit from our continuum of care. This may include:
- Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons meet individually with every child and their parents. We pride ourselves on the length of our patient consultations, taking the time to answer all questions about treatment and our pediatric care.
- Our support staff helps parents navigate insurance coverage, so you can get the help you need and return to your child's side as soon as possible.
- Pediatric surgeons collaborating with other specialists to coordinate a care plan. Once treatment is decided on, our team helps you navigate your child's care and provides resources to understand their diagnosis and treatment.
- The dedicated pediatric emergency room (ER) at Overland Park Regional Medical Center (OPRMC) allows your child to receive specialty care all in one place, from the initial ER visit to surgical treatment and recovery.
- With all of our children's specialists in one location at OPRMC, our doctors frequently collaborate across specialties. This simplifies communication across the medical team and streamlines the treatment process.
Compassionate pediatric orthopedics
Whether we first see the patient in one of our clinics or in one of our emergency rooms, they will experience our compassion and commitment to exceptional treatment and positive recovery. We understand that, to children, going to the hospital can feel overwhelming and frightening. That's why we work hard to reduce their anxieties and make their stay with us as pleasant as possible. We provide a cheerful, kid-friendly environment that makes even the tiniest patients and their parents feel relaxed.
Our pediatric orthopedic doctors pride themselves on the amount of time we spend with our patients and their caregivers during consultations. We allow patients and their families to spend time with the orthopedic surgeon and ask questions, ensuring they feel comfortable with their child's care.
Pediatric orthopedic conditions we treat
Some of the most common conditions and injuries we treat in children include:
- Breaks and sprains
- Bone, muscle and joint infections
- Club foot
- Congenital Torticollis
- Fractures and sprains
- Growth plate issues (breaks or fractures)
- Hip dysplasia
- Overuse injuries
- Sports injuries
Pediatric orthopedic surgery
We have built our pediatric surgery program around the needs of children. Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons offer a full range of treatments, from the routine to the highly complex. Some of the most common pediatric orthopedic surgeries we offer include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Spine surgery
- Torn meniscus surgery
- Total joint reconstruction
Our pediatric surgery team
Our highly trained, expert team works exclusively with infants, children and adolescents. Our pediatric surgery team includes:
- Certified medical assistants
- Nurse practitioners
- Pediatric anesthesiologists
- Pediatric nurses
- Pediatric orthopedic surgeons
Pediatric sports medicine
We offer sports medicine programs at each of our hospitals. Patients receive expert diagnostic and treatment services for sports- and exercise-related injuries. We also provide athletic training and injury prevention services to keep our young athletes safe and active.
Pediatric physical therapy and rehabilitation
We offer physical therapy and rehabilitation to help children recover from surgeries and orthopedic conditions. Our pediatric physical therapists know how to deliver the care children need to regain mobility and function. We also offer a wide range of speech, swallowing and aquatic therapies.
Pediatric orthopedics locations
Retrieving location data...