Foot and ankle specialists in Kansas City
When foot and ankle problems cause pain or limit your mobility, the orthopedic specialists at HCA Midwest Health in Kansas City offer the skill and expertise needed to diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions, such as arthritis, fractures and sports injuries. We provide all the services and support needed to get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
For more information about our foot and ankle services, call (816) 823-0647.
Foot and ankle conditions we treat
We know that mobility and returning to daily activities are important to patients with foot and ankle conditions. As part of our comprehensive orthopedic care and pediatric orthopedics services, we effectively diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and conditions, including:
- Arthritis and joint pain (pain and swelling in the joints as a result of inflammation)
- Bunion (a bump on the inside of the foot near the big toe that occurs when the big toe points toward the second toe)
- Cartilage and ligament damage (injury to the cartilage and ligaments, which serve as supportive structures in the body)
- Club foot (a congenital disability in which the foot is twisted out of shape or turned inward)
- Flat foot (a condition in which the foot's arch collapses and the entire sole touches the ground when standing)
- Fracture (a broken bone in the ankle, foot or toe)
- Hammertoe (a condition that causes the toe to bend down at the middle joint, forcing the middle toe joint to rise)
- High arches, or cavus foot (a condition in which the foot's arch rises higher than the average foot when standing, putting excess weight on the heel and ball)
- Plantar fasciitis (inflammation of the flat band of tissue that connects the heel bone to the toes)
- Sesamoid injury (trauma to the two small bones beneath the big toe joint)
- Sprain (injury to the bands of tissue that connect bones to joints)
- Strain (injury to the muscle or to the band of tissue that attaches a muscle to a bone)
- Tendonitis (inflammation of the cord attaching muscle to bone)
- Turf toe (injury, often sports-related, that causes a sprain of the big toe joint)
Our foot and ankle treatments
In addition to our advanced diagnostic services, we offer a range of surgical and non-surgical foot and ankle treatments.
We always treat patients with the least invasive method possible, but orthopedic surgery is sometimes the best option. Our orthopedic surgeons are skilled at performing foot and ankle reconstructive surgeries as well as bone fusion procedures. Fusion procedures involve joining two or more bones together so they can heal together as one.
Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive orthopedic procedure used to diagnose and treat joint conditions. It involves making a small incision in which a narrow tube attached to a fiber optic camera is inserted. Arthroscopy lets a surgeon visualize the bone, joint and tissue.
We offer pain management services to patients experiencing various foot and ankle conditions. We often combine treatments, such as pain management and physical therapy, to relieve pain while building strength and mobility.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation
We offer inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services from licensed orthopedists, physical therapists and rehabilitation specialists. In addition to physical therapy, patients with foot and ankle conditions can benefit from occupational and aquatic therapies.
We offer injury prevention, assessments, treatments and rehabilitation for sports- and exercise-related conditions through our sports medicine specialty. We also provide individualized athletic training and fitness programs so patients can stay active and healthy at any age.
Foot and ankle care locations
Retrieving location data...