The mission of Research Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is to provide a quality educational program that promotes excellence in Radiologic Technology and produces competent, professional, and compassionate radiographers for the healthcare community. Graduates will obtain the knowledge required of an entry-level radiographer and be prepared to successfully sit for the ARRT examination. The program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.The program received an 8 year accreditation award on November 17, 2017.
The Research Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology's application deadline is December 1st for the cohort starting the following July. The RMC School of Radiologic Technology is a full time, 23-month program.
Find more information regarding the program.
- 23 month certificate program
- Full-time, @ 40 hours/week
- Typical hours of attendance: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Fully accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT)
20 N. Wacker Dr, Ste 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-3182
- Small class size (12 students per year)
- Over 2,700 hours of hands-on clinical education
- Competency-based curriculum
- Housing and financial aid available
- Begins in July each year
- Students completing the program are eligible to sit for the national board examination (ARRT) to become a Registered Radiologic Technologist, R.T.(R)
- Application deadline is December 1st for the following July program
- Applicant information
The mission of Research Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is to provide a quality educational program that promotes excellence in Radiologic Technology and produces competent, professional, and compassionate radiographers for the healthcare community. Graduates will obtain the knowledge required of an entry-level radiographer and be prepared to successfully sit for the ARRT examination.
PE. Students graduate with the skills necessary to be entry-level technologists.
- Students will complete the program within 23 months.
- Graduates will indicate that they are satisfied with their educational program.
- Employers will indicate that they are satisfied with the graduate’s performance.
- Graduates will pass the ARRT certification exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates seeking employment will be employed within 6 months of graduation.
1. Students graduating from the program are clinically competent.
- Students will successfully perform routine radiographic exams.
- Students will practice radiation protection and safety for the patient, self, and others
- Students will appropriately assess and meet patient needs.
2. Students graduate with problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Students will evaluate and critique radiographs for anatomy, positioning, and pathology.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to adapt to non-routine imaging exams
- Students will apply critical thinking skills to solve imaging problems.
3. Students graduate with effective communication skills in a health care setting.
- Students will demonstrate effective knowledge of verbal medical communication.
- Students will demonstrate effective knowledge of written medical communication.
4. Students graduating from the program will demonstrate commitments to high ethical standards and professional growth.
- Students will understand the ARRT Code of Ethics in a comprehensive manner
- Students will demonstrate professional work ethics
- Eligible Students will join the Radiologic Technology Honor Society, Lambda Nu.
5 Year Program Effectiveness Data: 2017 - 2021
|Year||Number Attempted||Number Passed||Annual Pass Rate|
|Year||Number Graduated||Employed||Continued education||Annual Rate|
|Year||Number Enrolled||Number Graduated||Year Percentage||Reason|
Read the full Program Effectiveness Data
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree or proof of enrollment in a 2 plus 2 Bachelor’s Degree Program with a school articulated with RMC School of Radiologic Technology (see ‘Program Affiliations’ below).
- Candidates for the Program that are currently enrolled in an Associate Degree program must complete the program and receive their degree prior to the start of the Radiology Program.
- As of January 2015, the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) requires that a graduate of a radiologic technology program have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in any area of study to be eligible to take the National Registry exam.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale.
- The following courses are prerequisites for entrance into the Program and must be completed with a grade of ‘C’ or better:
- College Algebra (Completed within the last five years)
- Anatomy and Physiology with a lab (Completed within the last five years)
- Medical Terminology
- English Composition and Speech
- Introduction to Physics
- A 4 Hour job observation at Research Medical Center (See job observation form on application).
- Transfer Policy
- The program does not accept transfers from other radiologic technology programs. Students must complete 100% of the program at Research Medical Center to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Tuition - $6,600 for the two-year certificate excluding the completion of the prerequisites. The tuition fee includes the costs of books for the Program.
- Activity fee - $750 for the program
- Uniforms - approximately $400
- Application fee - $40
- Upon completion of the program, an examination fee of $200 will be required to take the ARRT certification exam
Should a student withdraw or be dismissed from the program during the fist week of the first quarter the total amount of the program fees and tuition paid by the student will be refunded except for the $750.00 deposit. This deposit will be refunded if the student cancels the agreement/enrollment from within 3 working days of receipt of the $750.00 deposit by the school. Should a student withdraw or be dismissed from program, the institutional refund policy outlined below will be applied. Books and uniforms purchased for the School of Radiologic Technology program are considered a non-refundable expense.
|Time Frame||Percent of total Progam tuition refunded|
|Within the first week of the program||100% minus the $750.00 deposit|
|Before the end of the 2nd quarter||75%|
|Before the end of the 4th quarter||50%|
|Before the end of the 6th quarter||25%|
|Before the end of the 8th quarter||0%|