Sarah Cannon Research Institute
The future of cancer treatment is here in Kansas City
Through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute program at HCA Midwest Health, those facing blood cancer have greater access to the latest therapies through clinical trial options in the Kansas City region.
200+ unique agents in trial each year through affiliations with 275+ physicians across its network, Sarah Cannon enrolls more than 3,000 cancer patients to studies annually. Over the last decade, Sarah Cannon has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies. Together, Sarah Cannon and HCA Midwest Health are ensuring patients in our communities have access to cutting-edge treatments.
Our community-based hematology investigators with the Sarah Cannon research program at HCA Midwest Health have the capabilities and experience to conduct a variety of clinical trials.
Learn more about Sarah Cannon Research Institute
HCA Midwest Health Clinical Research Program
The HCA Midwest Health Clinical Research Program was initially established in 2008 for the purpose of patient care support through availability of clinical trials in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Clinical trials are conducted by well-trained institutional affiliated researchers. The program provides exceptional service at Belton Regional Medical Center, Centerpoint Medical Center, Lee's Summit Medical Center, Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park Regional Medical Center, and Research Medical Center.
According to the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) a clinical trial may provide the best treatment option for a particular type of cancer. The Clinical Research Program supports excellence in patient care by offering the most advanced therapeutic options through clinical trials. These are available through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute, and various pharmaceutical and CRO partners.
For a complete list of open Studies:
- NCI affiliated hospital with capacity of in/out patient protocol setting
- Trained pharmacist for drug accountability
- Board certified medical oncologists
- Board certified radiation oncologists
- Accredited Comprehensive Cancer Center through ACoS
- Accredited Breast Cancer Center through NAPBC
- Level I Trauma and Stroke Designation through TJC
- Accredited Cardiology Center
- Archiving/storage capacity for source documentation
- eMAR system for medical record and easy audit review.
- Capacity to incorporate study specific needs (i.e. special inspection/equipment/resources)
Please refer to ClinicalTrials.gov for detail understanding and FAQ regarding taking part in the Clinical Research.
The Clinical Research Staff consists of the following disciplines:
- Radiation Oncologist
Office of Human Research Protection(OHRP)