While it’s best to take your classes at the hospital where you plan to deliver, if you have schedule conflicts, you may take classes at any of our five locations.
What Child Birth Classes Are Offered?
- Childbirth Preparation
- The expectant mother and her coach will learn about labor and delivery including cesarean section, medical interventions, coping skills, birth options and newborn features. They will have the opportunity to ask questions and practice breathing and relaxation techniques. This is intended for both partners and is best completed before the 36th week of pregnancy.
- Online Childbirth Preparation
- This is a convenient alternative if you are unable to attend a childbirth class due to bed rest or time constraints. It is also useful as a refresher course for experienced parents. The interactive program covers the same information as the in-class Childbirth Preparation course and includes animated illustrations, videos and games. You will receive an individual access code good for 90 days.
- Xpress Childbirth Preparation
- This course combines our online course with an in classroom meeting. You will have 90 days unlimited access to the interactive web-based learning program and one in-class session where you will have the opportunity to ask questions, as well as learn and practice breathing and relaxation techniques.
- Low Intervention Childbirth
- This class should be taken as a supplement to the Childbirth Preparation class for first-time moms or as a refresher for experienced moms. Your RN instructor will discuss non-medical coping strategies for labor, and a yoga instructor will teach useful labor positions for pain management.
- Marvelous Multiples
- This childbirth preparation class is specifically for parents who are expecting more than one baby. This offers an in-depth look at the unique aspects of the multiples pregnancy, delivery and life after delivery. This class is recommended before your 26th week of pregnancy.
- Baby Basics 101
- This will help prepare parents to take their newest family member home without fear. The nurse educators will cover what to expect at delivery of the infant and the latest information on newborn care, bathing safety and calming a crying baby. New parents will get to practice diapering and swaddling.
- Infant CPR And Safety
- This class teaches the basic life support skills for the newborn to one-year-old. Participants will learn techniques such as CPR and choking management through hands-on practice with mannequins.
- Breastfeeding Successfully
- Being fully informed before the baby is born will save time and prevent frustration as the new mom feeds her baby. This class is recommended for mom and her partner. Instructors with specialized training and certification in breastfeeding teach techniques, how to know the baby is getting enough to eat, and how to combine breastfeeding with returning to work. The class covers the benefits of breastfeeding for both mother and baby.
- Online Breastfeeding Successfully
- This online course includes the topics covered in the in-class Breastfeeding Successfully course and includes animated illustrations, videos and games. You will receive an individual access code good for 90 days.
- Prenatal Fitness
- This class focuses on maintaining a healthy, strong physical state during one of the most demanding stages of a woman’s life. Our trainers will coach you through cardiovascular and strengthening exercises specially designed to support your body throughout pregnancy, delivery, and recovery. Whether you’re one month pregnant or nine, we offer movement modifications to suit your personal comfort level.
- Mom and Baby Fitness
- This fun class eliminates guilt new moms may feel when leaving their babies to do something for themselves. This is a great way to meet other new moms, get in shape, feel more energized, and most importantly have fun while bonding with your baby! Whether your baby is in a carrier or lying next to you, or if your toddler is running around your feet or climbing on your back, your child will participate in the class and provide progressive resistance to help you get lean and strong. Babies from 6 weeks to 6 1/2 months are safest in a front carrier, while older babies are best suited to a back carrier.
Our classes fill up quickly, so register as soon as you can! Need more Information? Call (913) 541-5999 or email us at email@example.com.
Register Online for a Class
Register today for your childbirth class. You will be able to search with keywords (i.e., Healthy Arrivals, labor of love, breastfeeding, etc.) or by your zip code.