October 14, 2022
Research Medical Center has once again earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Heart Failure Accreditation by demonstrating continuous compliance with its performance standards. The Gold Seal is a symbol of quality that reflects a health care organization’s commitment to providing safe and quality patient care. The Advanced Heart Failure program is designed to recognize hospital inpatient or outpatient programs that demonstrate exceptional care and optimize quality of life.
Research Medical Center underwent a rigorous onsite review. During the visit, a team of Joint Commission reviewers evaluated compliance with Heart Failure standards to include:
- Core Disease-Specific Care standards plus additional expectations for transitions of care
- Implementation of heart failure clinical practice guidelines
- Participate in the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® - Heart Failure quality improvement program
- Follows standardized performance measures
- An Advanced Heart Failure inpatient program with a hospital-owned heart failure clinic
The Joint Commission’s standards are developed in consultation with health care experts and providers, measurement experts and patients. They are informed by scientific literature and expert consensus to help health care organizations measure, assess and improve performance. The surveyors also conducted onsite observations and interviews.
“We commend Research Medical Center for its continuous quality improvement efforts in patient safety and quality of care.” says Mark Pelletier, RN, MS, chief operating officer, Accreditation and Certification Operations, and chief nursing executive, The Joint Commission.
For more information, please visit The Joint Commission website.