COVID-19 and pregnancy — an update for our patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Women's health services in Independence, MO
The women's health experts at Centerpoint Medical Center are committed to providing high-quality, family-centered care. From mammogram screenings to memorable childbirth experiences and infertility treatments, we provide exceptional care that puts the patient first. In addition to compassionate labor and delivery services, we provide care for a variety of women's problems, from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) to uterine fibroids and breast cancer.
For more information about our women's care services, call (816) 698-8878.
Mammograms and breast imaging
A mammogram is the single most effective method of detecting breast cancer early—when it is most treatable. We provide diagnostic and interventional breast care services, including genetic testing. Our screening and diagnostic procedures include:
- 2D screening mammogram
- 3D (digital) mammogram
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
In addition to detecting breast cancer, these exams help identify other breast conditions, such as abnormal growths, cysts, lumps and mastitis. Since dense tissue can cause problems with image clarity, by offering a variety of imaging options, women with dense breast tissue have access to the thorough screenings they require.
We perform mammograms Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Walk-in appointments are accepted. Mammogram scheduling is available Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm by calling us at (816) 836-6686.
Schedule a Mammogram
You can now schedule a screening mammogram online. For assistance scheduling your screening or diganostic mammogram please call (816) 836-6686.
Labor and delivery services
We offer comprehensive labor and delivery services for moms and their babies. Our patients can personalize their birthing experience, from the meals they eat to the music they hear and the pain management they use.
We deliver family-centered maternity care, including antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and newborn services. Our patients receive compassionate support from qualified medical personnel in a comfortable, private environment. Women who give birth at our hospital have access to:
- Advanced care at our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Anesthesia services
- Breastfeeding support from certified lactation consultants
- Dedicated surgical suites
- Electronic infant security system
- Healthy Arrivals prenatal education classes
- Infant CPR classes
- Jacuzzi tubs in our birthing units
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Midwifery services
- Prenatal screenings for mother and baby
- Private, spacious rooms for delivery and postpartum recovery
- Support from our dedicated maternity navigator
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Sometimes the best treatment option for a gynecologic condition is surgery. Our hospital now has a robotic surgery program that primarily focuses on providing women with access to minimally invasive surgical procedures. We use the latest in robot-assisted surgical technology, which allows us to treat patients with greater precision and increased visualization than what's possible using traditional techniques.
Fertility and family planning
Our fertility specialists know that dealing with infertility problems can be frustrating physically, emotionally and financially. We are here to help by providing high-quality medical care and emotional support throughout the treatment process. Fertility care can be expensive, which is why we work with patients to identify the treatment that is most likely to succeed.
In addition to advanced fertility treatments, our staff provides fertility counseling. We have helped couples facing many different types of fertility problems, and our in-vitro fertilization (IVF) success rates are some of the best in the region.
Fertility diagnostic testing
At the start of fertility care, both partners are evaluated and will be asked about their medical history. We use a variety of tests to pinpoint fertility problems, which may include:
- Blood tests
- Laparoscopic examination of the fallopian tubes and other reproductive organs
- Scope analysis of the uterus
- Semen analysis
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- X-rays of the fallopian tubes
Infertility treatment options
Treatment options for infertility may range from simple lifestyle changes to surgery or assisted reproductive technologies (ARTs). Our full spectrum of fertility treatments includes:
- Assisted reproductive technologies (using human sperm and eggs/embryos in a lab setting to facilitate conception),
- Donor sperm and egg options
- Embryo cryopreservation by vitrification
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Pre-implantation genetic testing
- Medications that cause ovulation
- Surgery to open blocked fallopian tubes
- Surgery to remove cysts, fibroids or other blockages
- Surgery to repair a problem in one or more of the reproductive organs
Women's care at HCA Midwest Health
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care