Children's health specialists in Overland Park, Kansas
When your child needs specialized treatment—beyond what a primary care physician can provide—you deserve fast, effective care delivered in a caring, child-friendly environment. At Overland Park Regional Medical Center, our pediatric specialists offer expert care across a variety of pediatric specialties to treat a wide range of children's health conditions.
For more information about our pediatric services, call (913) 541-5437 (KIDS).
Why families choose us for their pediatric care
Our innovative, nurturing pediatrics program revolves around a singular idea—children aren’t just little adults. Kids have unique needs.
Our pediatric specialists work collaboratively and believe that open communication with parents and each child’s pediatrician contributes to better care. We take the time needed to ensure that families understand their children's pediatric conditions and participate in the treatment planning process.
We provide comprehensive pediatric services convenient to the Kansas City community. Families choose us for their pediatric care because we offer:
- A dedicated pediatric emergency room (ER) that provides immediate care with little to no wait times
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), which is the highest level of NICU care available in Johnson County
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric specialists with more than 100 years of combined experience
- Comprehensive pediatric services for children of all ages—from newborns to teenagers
- Dedicated child life specialists who provide a supportive environment where children can gain a better understanding of the hospital, surgery and medical treatments
- Fast follow-up care with pediatric sub-specialists
- Free, convenient covered parking
- Full-service pediatric care for everything from minor conditions to life-threatening injuries
- One of the few pediatric intensive care units (PICUs) in Johnson County
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval by complying with national standards in healthcare quality and safety.
Pediatric emergency care
Overland Park Regional Medical Center offers a dedicated pediatric ER, open 24/7. Our pediatric ER provides the expertise of board-certified pediatricians specially trained in emergency treatments. We offer short wait times, the latest technology and skilled and caring team members who can meet our youngest patients' immediate needs.
Pediatric intensive and inpatient care
We offer Johnson County’s only PICU along with pediatric inpatient services in our medical-surgical inpatient unit. Our PICU and pediatric inpatient unit are staffed by pediatric hospitalists, intensivists and specialty physicians. We also provide a playroom for parents and siblings to lessen their anxieties.
Our PICU and inpatient units are staffed with child life specialists. These skilled specialists create positive experiences for families during their hospital stays. Our child life specialists are specially trained and certified to help children, adolescents and families understand and cope with illness, treatment and hospitalization.
Our pediatric specialties
Our pediatric experts offer a wide range of specialties in inpatient and outpatient settings, including:
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Neonatal intensive care
- Pediatric allergy and asthma care
- Pediatric cardiology services
- Pediatric dermatology
- Pediatric ear, nose and throat care
- Pediatric emergency services
- Pediatric endocrine care
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pediatric neurological services
- Pediatric orthopedic care
- Pediatric outpatient diagnostic services, including:
physical therapy and rehabilitation, including:
- Pediatric feeding and swallowing disorder therapy
- Pediatric occupational therapy
- Pediatric speech therapy
- Pediatric respiratory care
- Pediatric surgery
- Sports medicine
Our pediatric surgeons are experts in caring for the specific needs of growing bodies. They often use minimally invasive techniques and robotic surgery, which can offer many benefits compared to traditional surgery, including fast recoveries and minimally scarring.
Our board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric anesthesiologists are experienced in preparing young patients for surgery and managing their pain through recovery.
Some of the pediatric surgeries we provide include:
- Gastrointestinal and abdominal surgery
- Non-cardiac thoracic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum surgery
- Prenatal and neonatal surgery
- Tumor removal
- Vascular lesion treatment
Pediatric diagnostic services
Our diagnostic laboratory provides inpatient and outpatient services for infant and pediatric patients of primary care physicians, pediatricians and other physicians’ offices. We specialize in a broad range of laboratory diagnostics—from routine analysis to complex tests. Our ultimate goal is to minimize multiple draws and redraws while keeping children as comfortable as possible.
We also offer medical imaging and radiology for children of all ages, including:
- Computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Fluoroscopic and radiographic X-rays
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Nuclear medicine
Diagnostic laboratory and imaging services appointments
For laboratory and X-ray services, no appointment is needed. Ultrasounds, MRIs and CT scans require appointments.
Our hours are 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Sunday. Please check-in at the information desk in our hospital's lobby.
Our Pediatric Respiratory Clinic
Our Pediatric Respiratory Clinic is located inside our dedicated Pediatric ER. The clinic is open 24/7 and is staffed by pediatric nurses and respiratory therapists.
A physician referral allows for 10 days of visits to the clinic. An insurance co-pay or co-insurance is charged at each visit.
Arriving at our Pediatric Respiratory Clinic
Please check-in through the Pediatric ER entrance, located off of Quivira and 106th Street. Dedicated Pediatric ER parking is available to patients of the Pediatric Respiratory Clinic.
Our Pediatric Outpatient Lab
Our Pediatric Outpatient Lab offers fast, effective care from expert physicians. We provide a range of outpatient services to patients 18 years old and younger. No appointment is necessary, and walk-ins are welcome.
Our outpatient lab is located in our Pediatric ER. Please park in the Pediatric ER parking lot and enter through the Pediatric ER entrance, located on Quivira Road near 106th St.
Our lab is closed on weekends and holidays.
Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 7:00pm.
For more information about our Pediatric Outpatient Lab, call (913) 541-4840.
Pediatrics at HCA Midwest
Pediatrics is the medical care of children, this ranges from infants to adolescents. Pediatricians are specially trained to treat behavioral problems, mental health issues and diseases as they relate to children. Pediatric care includes well check-ups, vaccinations and much more.Learn about Pediatrics