Neurology in Overland Park, Kansas
Diseases or injury of the brain, spine or nerves may threaten or affect your quality of life. Consequently, your healthcare takes on new significance.
At Overland Park Regional Medical Center (OPRMC), our specialists treat neurological disorders including cerebrovascular accidents, movement disorders and brain tumors. Here, you have access to advanced technology, techniques and care that is compassionate and effective.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, schedule an appointment.
Our neurological care team
Our capable specialists coordinate your care across multiple specialties, as needed. Our neurological team includes:
- Neurologists and neurosurgeons. Our specialists have wide-ranging experience and complete lengthy preparation to recognize and create treatment plans for brain and nerve disorders.
- Neuroradiologists. Radiologists use imaging tools to spot blood clots, tumors and other issues. These doctors perform image-guided, minimally invasive techniques for some kinds of surgery and treatment.
- Physiatrists. These doctors are specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They treat brain disorders and injuries, muscles, tendons and skeletal problems.
- Advanced practice nurses (APNs). These highly-trained nurses have advanced knowledge. They can perform as primary care providers, including writing prescriptions.
- Physician assistants. These specially trained professionals give medical exams, create treatment plans and advise patients.
Together, our experts cooperate to quickly identify medical problems and create plans tailored for your needs. And, as a member of HCA Midwest Health, you have access to all the services needed for your condition and continued recovery.
Neurological disorders we treat
The neuro team identifies a number of medical issues. Then, we tailor treatment to the patient's individual needs. Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Brain and spine tumors
- Cerebrovascular accidents (strokes)
- Facial pain
- Memory loss/Alzheimer's disease
- Movement disorders/Parkinson's disease
Treatment and services we offer
OPRMC's neurology team offers a wide variety of treatments, screening tests and programs for neurological disorders. Our services include:
- Brain and spine tumor programs
- Deep brain stimulation
- Microvascular decompression to stop facial pain while preserving nerve tissue
- Movement disorders/Parkinson's disease programs
- Responsive neurostimulation for epileptic seizure prevention
- Spinal care and spine surgery
Our specialists meet the Joint Commission's criteria for treating complicated stroke symptoms and coordinating stroke recovery, rehabilitation and education.
Accredited stroke services
At Overland Park, we provide exceptional stroke care. As a Joint Commission-accredited Primary Stroke Center, we:
- Have a rapid response to patients admitted to our emergency room (ER) with stroke symptoms
- Treat basic to complicated stroke conditions
- Coordinate multiple specialties for patient care including intensive care and rehabilitation
- Accept patients transferred from area hospitals for advanced care
Finding a doctor
After talking with your primary care physician, get a referral to meet with one of our neuro specialists. most cases. Our Nurses On-Call service is also a good starting point. Our Talk with one of our informed nurses answer questions and help you find the right specialist.
For more information about Nurses On-Call or to find a doctor, call (913) 541-5562.
Neurological care at HCA Midwest Health
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord.Learn about Neurological care
Retrieving location data...