Health podcast. Are you into podcasts? Here's the health podcast you don't want to miss. Listen online or subscribe today! Listen to our Podcast
About Overland Park Hospital and ER
At Overland Park Regional Medical Center, caring for patients is more than a job for us, it’s our mission and our calling.
Our team is committed to providing the expert care our community needs and deserves. The hospital serves the community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate, patient and family-centered care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City region. Overland Park Regional Medical Center has a world-class medical staff with more than 600 physicians and over 2,000 dedicated, outstanding nurses and other staff that help us offer exceptional care to infants, children, teens and adults.
- Our hospital is the premier area destination for Women &Children’s healthcare services. We offer the region’s only Maternal Fetal Health Center that cares for women with the most complex pregnancies and their baby (or babies) under one roof. Our Level III NICU provides more care to premature and critically ill babies than any hospital in the area, and our Pediatric Center offers pediatric specialty care, a Pediatric ER, and pediatric inpatient services.
- Our Neonatal and Maternal Transport Teams are prepared 24/7 to safely deliver and care for premature or critically ill infants and care for mothers with high-risk pregnancies via ambulance and helicopter. This team gives access to our services to patients throughout the region.
- Some of the best cardiologists in Kansas City call Overland Park Regional Medical Center home. Our physicians with Midwest Heart and Vascular Specialists are making advances in cardiac care. We are home to the Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute, staffed by pioneers and leaders in electrophysiology who are influencing care at the national level. We also offer the only robotic-assisted cardiac cath lab in the state of Kansas where we perform the most complex cardiac interventions.
- Surgical programs at OPRMC feature an outstanding surgical team utilizing advanced technology such as robotic surgical systems and robotic arm assisted joint replacement surgery, which offer better outcomes, shorter recovery and fewer complications. Key surgical specialties at OPRMC include orthopedics, neurosurgery, complex general surgery, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, oncology surgery, gynecologic surgery, and pediatric surgery.
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center’s ER is Johnson County’s only Level II Trauma Center. The hospital is also an Accredited Stoke and Chest Pain Center. We also offer care for pediatric emergencies and two freestanding ERs in Olathe and Shawnee.
We’re proud of the cutting-edge, life-changing care our team offers to our community. We are committed to providing compassionate, quality healthcare close to where you live, work and play. Thank you for choosing us to partner with you in your healthcare.
Matt Sogard, FACHE
Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Together, we will be the premier healthcare destination for all we serve.
Values (I CARE)
- Integrity – We must model high, ethical standards, which means doing the right thing when no one is looking and walking the talk as leaders.
- Compassion – No longer are we to live by the Golden Rule, but rather we are to live and operate by the Platinum Rule, which is to treat people how they want to be treated and being responsive to their needs./li>
- Always – We are focused on creating a Culture of Always. This means every patient, every time and every touch. Always. Not Sometimes, Not Usually. Always.
- Respect – It is imperative to demonstrate respect and teamwork to each and every employee, while focusing on patient-centered care.
- Excellence – When you add the first four values together (Integrity, Compassion, Always and Respect), we will be the destination of Excellence and our metrics and indicators will prove it.