Women's health services in Southern Jackson and Cass County
The gynecologic, urogynecologic, breast imaging and surgical services at Belton Regional Medical Center help our patients find relief from chronic conditions, like urinary incontinence, and stay on top of their routine healthcare. We perform a variety of breast imaging procedures to ensure every patient receives the clear image result they need. This also helps us provide thorough care for patients with dense breast tissue.
Our urogynecologists also provide extensive care for patients with pelvic floor disorders, where the muscles that support the pelvic organs become weakened. Patients have access to pelvic floor therapy and surgical treatment options.
For more information about our women's health services, call (816) 348-1420.
Belton Regional Medical Center is recognized by the American College of Radiology (ACR) for ultrasound and mammography services. This means we provide the highest level of image quality and make patient safety a top priority.
Women's health conditions we treat
Our specialists provide comprehensive care for conditions that affect women, such as:
- All types of menstrual problems, including amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea and menorrhagia
- Breast cancer
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Ovarian cysts
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Urinary tract infections
- Uterine fibroids
- Vaginal yeast infections
Mammography and breast imaging
Your chances for beating breast cancer significantly improve when it is detected early. We are committed to providing safe, comfortable screenings that help women in our community stay in control of their breast health. Our breast imaging technologies include:
- 3D (digital) mammography
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound
- Soft screening pads for patient comfort
Our hospital offers mammography services Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to noon. Mammogram scheduling is available Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:00pm by calling us at (816) 348-1260. You can also schedule a mammogram online.
We are part of the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health, which is known for excellence in breast care. In addition to cancer care, we offer genetic counseling to create screening prevention plans for women at a high risk for developing breast cancer.
Dedicated nurse navigator
Our breast imaging center has a designated nurse navigator who coordinates patient screenings and establishes next steps for patients who receive a breast cancer diagnosis. Our nurse navigator offers support to patients and families and acts as a patient advocate throughout treatment.
Our urogynecologists are experts in treating conditions affecting the pelvic floor and bladder. We use a range of traditional diagnostic imaging services, such as computerized tomography (CT) and MRI, as well as specialized procedures to diagnose urogynecologic conditions such as:
- Bladder cancer
- Pelvic floor conditions, including:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Fallen bladder
- Pelvic floor hernia
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
Treating pelvic floor dysfunction
Once a diagnosis is made, we will identify the best treatment option for your condition. This may include pelvic floor therapy and procedures, such as:
- Lysis of adhesions (removal of scar tissue causing pelvic pain)
- Retropubic suspension (closing the urethra and bladder neck to control stress incontinence)
- Tension-free vaginal tape procedure (using surgical mesh to support the urethra)
- Transvaginal suspension (moving the urethra and bladder back to normal position)
- Urethral suspension (strengthening the urethra to prevent stress incontinence)
Women's care at HCA Midwest
Whether you are in adolescence or menopause, seeking preventive care or treatment, your individual needs come first. Our commitment is to support you through every stage of life.Learn about Women's care
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee's Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
- Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus