Expert surgical care in Lee's Summit, Missouri
At Lee's Summit Medical Center, we deliver high-quality surgical care with a compassionate touch. Our skilled surgeons answer questions, offer advice and guide patients and their family members through the treatment process. We also do everything possible to help patients make fast and complete recoveries.
To learn more about our surgical services, call (816) 282-5060.
Healthgrades gave Lee's Summit Medical Center the 2019 Patient Safety Excellence Award for superior performance in preventing the occurrence of serious, potentially avoidable complications for patients during hospital stays.
Surgical specialties in Lee's Summit
We offer a range of surgical services. In addition to general surgery and the emergency interventions performed in our emergency room (ER), we provide specialized surgeries. No matter what procedure is recommended, patients can trust that our highly skilled surgeons and staff will treat their conditions and meet their needs through each step of the process.
Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery)
Our surgeons offer eligible patients a range of bariatric surgical procedures to assist with weight loss, including:
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Revision weight loss surgery
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
Ear, nose and throat surgery
We offer leading ear, nose and throat care (ENT), also known as otolaryngology. From chronic sinus problems to tonsillitis, our specialists provide surgical and nonsurgical treatments to help patients experiencing a range of ENT conditions.
Our women's care program offers gynecological and urological surgeries to treat a wide range of conditions unique to women. Some of the procedures we offer include:
- Incontinence surgical interventions (a procedure to treat urinary stress incontinence)
- Permanent surgical contraception
- Vaginal and abdominal hysterectomy (total or partial removal of the uterus)
Our orthopedic program is dedicated to helping patients with bone, joint and muscle pain. We provide individualized treatment plans and offer orthopedic surgery, including minimally invasive joint replacements, in addition to noninvasive options.
Some of the procedures our orthopedic surgeons perform include:
- Foot and ankle surgeries
- Hand, wrist, shoulder and elbow surgeries
- Joint replacements, including
- Chest wall deformity surgery
- Gastrointestinal and colorectal surgeries
- Hernia repair
- Thoracic surgery
- Tumor and soft tissue lump removal
The specialists in our spine care program offer surgical treatments for patients with neck and back conditions. Our skilled spine surgeons offer a range of procedures to improve mobility and reduce pain, including revision spine surgery.
Through our urology program, we diagnose and treat urologic conditions, including prostate, kidney and bladder issues and disorders. We offer high-quality kidney and urinary procedures, including minimally invasive robot-assisted procedures. Some of the urologic surgeries we offer include:
- Abdominal bladder suspension (a procedure to treat stress incontinence in women)
- Cystectomy (removal of all or part of the urinary bladder)
- Cystocele repair (surgery to repair a prolapsed, herniated, dropped or fallen bladder)
- Prostate removal (total or partial removal of the prostate)
- Pyeloplasty (surgical reconstruction of the kidney)
- Rectocele repair (surgery to repair the tissue wall between the rectum and vagina)
- Transurethral resection of the prostate (removal of part of the prostate)
- Vasectomy (sterilization procedure for men)
Physical therapy and rehabilitation
We offer outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation to help patients reach their goals and improve their quality of life after surgery. Some of the specialized rehabilitation therapies we offer include:
- Dry needling
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech pathology
Staying updated about a loved one's surgery
We know that when a loved one has surgery, it can make family members anxious and stressed. That's why we keep families informed through our Informer texting service. With this service, families receive text updates about their loved ones' progress through surgery.
To find out more about our surgery text updates, visit our Informer page.
Surgery at HCA Midwest Health
Surgery is a branch of medicine that involves treating diseases or injuries by adjusting or removing organs, tissues or bones. Surgery includes both necessary procedures like cardiac surgery, or elective procedures such as joint replacement.Learn about Surgery
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- College Park Endoscopy Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee's Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Mid-America Surgery Institute
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Overland Park Surgery Center
- Research Medical Center
- Surgicenter of Johnson County
- SurgiCenter of Kansas City