Spine center near Overland Park/Leawood, KS
If you are experiencing neck or back pain, we can help. At Menorah Medical Center, our expert spine care team uses the latest technology to safely treat spinal issues, from chronic pain to degenerative spinal disorders and injuries, near Leawood, Kansas.
To speak with our neuroscience coordinator, call (913) 498-7338.
Our unique spine program
The spine program at The Midwest Neuroscience Institute at Menorah Medical Center offers a unique patient wellness plan that combines group activity and leading clinical neurological care and orthopedic care.
Our spine specialists and surgeons strive to prepare patients mentally and physically for a full recovery. From preoperative education to postoperative exercise, our spine care team guides patients through their individualized treatment programs.
Spine conditions we treat
There are many causes of spine-related pain. The first step to recovery and pain relief is a proper diagnosis. Conditions we commonly treat include:
- Back and neck pain (acute and chronic)
- Bulging discs
- Compression fractures
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Extremity pain
- Motor vehicle accident-related injuries
- Myofascial pain
- Neuralgia (pain caused by damaged or irritated nerves)
- Radiculopathy (a compressed nerve in the spine that can cause pain, numbness, tingling or weakness)
- Sciatica (pain radiating along the sciatic nerve)
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spaces within your spine)
- Work-related back and neck injuries
We provide the care needed for a range of spine conditions. Our spine specialists offer a variety of treatments for spine pain, including noninvasive techniques (such as pain management and physical therapy and rehabilitation) and advanced surgical procedures.
We offer a variety of surgical procedures to treat chronic or severe spinal conditions, including:
- Discectomy (removal of abnormal disc material)
- Laminectomy (removal of a portion of the vertebral bone called the lamina)
- Laminotomy (removal of the lamina of a vertebral arch to relieve pressure)
- Spinal fusion (joining of two or more vertebrae)
Spine surgery education
We believe educated patients feel more in control and are more likely to have a successful recovery. That's why we host a weekly educational class for patients scheduled to have spine surgery. The class provides an opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns to our surgeons and nurses.
Patients scheduled for surgery can find out more information about our pre-spine surgery class from their surgeon or by calling us at (913) 498-7338.
Spine care at HCA Midwest Health
Spine doctors, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat problems linked to your spine. They can help with neck and back pain as well as injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. You may need to see a spine specialist if you have a herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica or chronic back pain.Learn about Spine care