Medical rehabilitation near Overland Park/Leawood, KS
At Menorah Medical Center, we offer inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation (rehab) services for patients recovering from a wide range of injuries and conditions in Overland Park, Kansas. Our multidisciplinary team works with patients and their physicians to create customized treatment plans to help them get back to the activities they love.
For referrals or more information about our inpatient rehab programs, call (913) 201-5128.
Individualized rehab care
We believe that patient involvement is essential for effective rehab care. That's why we work with patients, caregivers and physicians to create individualized treatment plans for each of our patients.
Our team of rehab specialists offers a wide range of therapeutic specialties, including physical, speech and occupational therapies, to treat our patients' unique conditions.
Conditions that may benefit from rehab
Whether patients are recovering from an injury, disease or surgery, rehab services can help. Some of the most common conditions that affect a person's mobility and function are:
- Body and joint pain
- Brain injury
- Hand and upper extremity conditions
- Neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease and stroke
- Orthopedic disorders, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and tendinitis
- Side effects of joint replacement surgery
- Speech and swallowing issues and disorders
- Spinal cord injury
Inpatient rehabilitation services
Patients who need daily therapy and 24/7 medical care can benefit from our inpatient rehab facility (IRF). Our IRF provides the intensity and level of care necessary to overcome the physical and functional challenges caused by serious medical conditions and trauma.
Inpatient rehab can benefit patients in several ways, including:
- Being discharged from the hospital at a higher function level
- Regaining functionality in a shorter amount of time
- Increasing the likelihood that patients will return home after being released
Why patients choose inpatient rehab facilities over skilled nursing facilities
As an inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF), we’re able to provide a higher level of rehabilitation than a skilled nursing facility (SNF) can provide. In fact, our inpatient programs provide each patient with nearly twice as many hours of therapy per week than is provided in an SNF. Unlike an SNF, we provide:
- On-site emergency care
- Rehabilitation led by a rehab physician specialist
- 24-hour care and daily consultation with physicians
- One nurse for every four or five patients, compared to 15 to 20 patients per nurse in SNFs
- At least three hours of therapy a day, or 15 hours over seven days
- A well-rounded, experienced multidisciplinary team approach
- Outcomes measured against other programs across the U.S.
- Admissions from any setting, with no requirement for a previous hospital stay
- Average length of stay of 12 to 14 days, with more than 75 percent of patients returning to home or to assisted or independent living communities
For referrals or more information about Menorah Medical Center’s inpatient rehab programs, call (913) 201-5128.
Our rehab specialties
We offer a range of inpatient and outpatient rehab therapies to help patients recover from conditions and increase their independence and functionality.
Physical therapy helps patients with their range of motion, balance and overall physical wellness. Our board-certified physical therapists work with the healthcare team at Menorah Medical Center to provide customized treatments, which may include exercise, manual therapy techniques, sports medicine and pain management.
Occupational therapy focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and home management. Occupational therapy is often used to help patients with orthopedic and neurological conditions. Our department is staffed by specially trained therapists, including a certified lymphedema specialist.
Speech therapy helps patients with speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice and swallowing issues and disorders. Our speech-language pathologists evaluate patients and develop treatment plans to promote maximum improvement.
Specialized rehab programs
To help patients recover from certain medical conditions and surgeries, our hospital offers the following specialty rehab programs.
Neurological and stroke rehabs
Through various therapies, our neurological rehab and stroke rehab programs help patients manage chronic or acute conditions affecting the brain or nervous system.
Our rehab specialists collaborate with our oncology care physicians and nurses to offer specialized cancer rehab. Our cancer-focused rehab team understands how a diagnosis of cancer as well as side effects of surgery and treatment change how the body feels and moves. Our multidisciplinary team of specialists helps improve physical functioning and well-being through individualized, compassionate care.
Getting to our cancer rehab center
Our cancer rehab services are offered just outside of Menorah Medical Center's main building. Our address is:
5525 W. 119th St., Suite 220
Overland Park, KS 66209
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HCA Midwest
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee's Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
- Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus