Bone and joint specialists in Belton, Missouri
If you’re experiencing bone and joint pain or if you’ve had an injury, trust the team of orthopedic doctors and specialists at Belton Regional Medical Center near southern Jackson and northern Cass counties. We provide individualized care and orthopedic surgery to improve mobility and relieve joint pain.
To schedule an appointment with an orthopedist, call (816) 348-1420.
Advanced orthopedic services
Patients come to the orthopedic team at Belton Regional Medical Center when they experience a bone and joint injury or pain during daily activities. Some benefits of our orthopedic program include:
- 24/7 emergency care from board-certified physicians for fractures and severe orthopedic injuries
- A multidisciplinary team of surgeons, nurses and rehabilitation specialists
- Comprehensive orthopedic care with a leading approach to the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and disorders of the bones and joints
- Customized treatment plans that focus on reducing joint pain and improving quality of life, taking into account each patient's personal preferences and goals
- The latest joint replacement surgical techniques and technologies, including minimally invasive and robot-assisted surgical options
Orthopedic conditions we treat
We provide advanced treatments for a wide range of orthopedic conditions, including:
- General bone and joint conditions and injuries, such as:
- Acute and chronic pain
- Ligament tears
- Pulled muscles
- Sprains and strains
- Sports-related injuries
- Foot and ankle conditions, such as:
- Achilles tendinitis
- Cavus foot, or claw foot (a high-arched foot)
- Fallen arches
- Shin splints
- Hand and upper extremity conditions, such as:
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder)
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Floating shoulder
- Labral tear in the shoulder
- Rotator cuff tears
- Head, neck and back conditions, such as:
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal diseases, such as spinal stenosis
Our orthopedic treatments
We offer a wide range of orthopedic treatments, including surgical procedures and non-invasive care. Some of our treatment options include:
- Foot, ankle and lower extremity surgery
- Fracture repair
- Joint replacement surgery, including:
- Hand and upper extremity surgery
- Hip and knee surgeries, including:
- Hip fracture surgery
- Laparoscopic knee surgery
- Minimally invasive knee surgery
- Minimally invasive hip replacement techniques, such as anterior approach surgery
- Robot-assisted knee replacement
- Ligament repair
- Microvascular procedures for nerve repair
- Non-invasive care, including physical therapy and pain management
- Revision surgery
- Shoulder surgeries, such as:
- Frozen shoulder surgery
- Rotator cuff repair
- Shoulder separation surgery
- Shoulder dislocation procedures
- Spine surgery, such as:
- Spinal Fusion
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty
- Surgery for tendonitis, arthritis, bursitis or loose or torn cartilage
- Tumor removal
Physical therapy and rehabilitation services
We provide orthopedic physical therapy and rehabilitation services, including occupational therapy. These specialized therapies are offered in inpatient and outpatient settings.
We offer a wide range of pain management techniques. In addition to oral medication, we also provide injection therapies. With injection therapy, a physician injects medicine directly into the source of pain.
We also offer cooled radiofrequency ablation treatment for knee pain. The procedure is the only currently known radiofrequency pain management system to use water-cooled radiofrequency energy to safely deactivate the pain-causing nerves, thus providing non-surgical relief.
Our orthopedic specialties
Our orthopedic doctors assess and treat musculoskeletal disorders and conditions leading to pain and immobility. We specialize in the following orthopedic areas.
Our orthopedists diagnose and treat problems related to the joints, including injuries affecting the bones, shoulders, hips and knees, through full and partial joint rehabilitation or replacement.
Shoulder and collarbone care
We employ several methods, from shoulder replacement to rotator cuff repair, to treat overused or injured muscles and connective tissue of the shoulder and upper extremities.
Hip and knee care
Hip and knee pain can be potentially disabling and interfere with your ability to live a normal lifestyle. Whether caused by a sports-related injury or aging, our orthopedic physicians can relieve pain, assist healing and care for patients until they regain their mobility and strength.
Our advanced hip and knee procedures have been certified by The Joint Commission. We offer robot-assisted surgery and minimally invasive techniques, which can provide faster recovery times, shorter hospital stays and less pain than traditional surgery. We also offer 3D printed knee implants designed to fit each patient's unique anatomy.
We are dedicated to providing excellent spine care. Our experienced spine care team members are specialists in both orthopedic and neurological care. They are trained to evaluate and treat all forms of back pain associated with aging, injury and underlying conditions, such as arthritis. Our goal is to provide care to reduce pain and restore function.
Orthopedic pre-surgery education and conditioning
Through Joint Venture, our pre-surgery education program, patients get the tools they need to return to everyday life after replacement surgery. We also offer pre-surgery conditioning, which can positively impact the recovery process. Examples of pre-conditioning include:
- Explaining all aftercare instructions to both the patient and their family members
- Explaining the benefits of walking early after surgery
- Reassuring the patient that pain will be controlled
- Recommending extra pre- and post-surgery physical therapy sessions
- Strengthening muscles before surgery
Most patients who go through Joint Venture leave the hospital in less than four days after surgery. Also, nearly all of these patients can walk the day after surgery.
Our sports medicine program offers prevention, training and treatment for a range of orthopedic conditions related to athletics and/or active lifestyles, such as fractures, sprains and concussions.
Orthopedic care at HCA Midwest Health
Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of your bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.Learn about Orthopedic care
- Belton Regional Medical Center
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Lafayette Regional Health Center
- Lee's Summit Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
- Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus