Midwest Neuroscience Institute near Overland Park/Leawood, KS
When a brain injury or disorder puts one at risk, immediate attention is needed. So is access to advanced, specialized care from an experienced team. Count on the Midwest Neuroscience Institute at Menorah Medical Center, right here in Kansas City.
Disorders of the nervous system, which includes the brain, spinal cord and nerves, can threaten your life or quality of life. Treating nervous system disorders may take a multispecialty approach. Our neurologists may involve counseling experts, rehab specialists or critical care support.
The HCA Midwest Neuroscience Institute draws from all the expertise at Menorah Medical Center to meet your needs in a caring, supportive environment.
For more information about the HCA Midwest Neuroscience Institute, call (913) 498-7338.
You’ll have access to a multispecialty team—neurologists and neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, neuro-oncologists, radiation oncologists, psychiatrists, advanced practice nurses, physician assistants and support specialists. Our team meets regularly in an open forum that fosters collaboration and shares expertise.
Access to advanced technology and services
Our experts have access to many resources, such as:
- A Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, a distinction awarded for our comprehensive system for rapid diagnosis and stroke treatment for patients admitted to our emergency room (ER).
- The most advanced and only clinically proven software platform for cerebrovascular disorders. This highly intuitive software provides an easy-to-read, real-time view of blood circulation in the brain, providing physicians accurate, precise analysis and personalized patient diagnosis.
- Specialists use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible, including an MRI-guided technology to precisely target and destroy diseased cells in the brain. This includes cells that may have otherwise been deemed inoperable.
- Neuroradiologists who use leading-edge technology that delivers targeted radiotherapy beams, resulting in quicker and more effective treatment.
Menorah Medical Center meets The Joint Commission's standards for high-level stroke care delivered in a timely and effective manner.
Neurological screening tests we offer
Our team at Menorah Medical Center is able to perform a wide range of neurological screening tests, including:
- Ambulatory outpatient continuous EEG monitoring studies with video
- Electroencephalography (EEG)—routine and sleep-deprived studies
- Electromyography (EMG)/nerve conduction studies
- Electronystagmography (ENG) for dizziness
- Genetic testing (neurofibromatosis)
- Inpatient continuous video EEG monitoring
- Polysomnography (sleep studies)
Neurological conditions we treat
We have a multidisciplinary team of experts who are able to evaluate and manage the treatment of various neurological conditions. Our neurosciences physicians are highly skilled at evaluating the following disorders:
- Alterations of consciousness
- Alzheimer's and other dementias
- Movement disorders (sometimes treated through deep brain stimulation)
- Atypical parkinsonism (MSA, PSP, CBD, drug-induced) and Lewy Body Dementia
- Ataxia (including spinocerebellar ataxia)
- Tourette syndrome (in adults)
- Tardive dyskinesia
- Huntington's disease
- Gait disorder
- Sleep disturbances
- Rapid eye movement (REM) behavior disorder
- Restless legs syndrome
- Multiple sclerosis/spasticity
- Congenital abnormalities
- Chiari malformation
- Tethered spinal cord
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Spinal disorders
Additionally, our neurosurgeons perform:
- Cranial surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Pain management procedures, including implantation of stimulators and pain pumps
- Pituitary surgery
- Surgical vagus nerve stimulation
Brain care specialists
Menorah's board-certified, fellowship-trained neurologists, neurosurgeons and other specialists work together and with you and your primary care doctor, from diagnosis through treatment and rehab. Our experts will create a treatment and management plan just for your needs and ensure you have the support and resources you need when you leave for home.
We can help you find the best care option
At Menorah, we understand the challenges you and your family could face now and in the future. In most cases, you’ll need a referral from your primary care physician to see one of our specialists.
Talk to your primary care doctor or reach out to our Nurses On-Call. Our knowledgeable nurses can advise and help find the right specialist for your needs.
For more information about Nurses On-Call or to find a specialist, call (913) 498-6652.
Neurological care at HCA Midwest Health
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord.Learn about Neurological care
Retrieving location data...