COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Birth center in eastern Jackson County
When you choose to have your baby at Centerpoint Medical Center, you can be sure you and your baby are safe in the skilled, compassionate hands of our maternity team. We provide the advanced care you need for a healthy birth while promoting family-centered care, so you can focus on the joy of life with your new baby.
We are here to listen to you and provide the birthing experience you want. Our doctors are trained to handle all types of births, including multiples and high-risk pregnancies. Our multidisciplinary team of maternal-fetal medicine specialists, neonatologists and OB/GYNs work together to ensure every mother and baby get a safe, healthy start to life.
For more information about our birthing center, call (816) 698-8878.
Centerpoint Medical Center's ultrasound imaging services are accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), showcasing our expertise in prenatal ultrasound screening.
Additionally, Healthgrades recognizes our commitment to patient safety with the 2020 Patient Safety Excellence Award.
Comprehensive care for you and your baby
Every delivery at our hospital is unique, which is why we encourage our expectant mothers to design their own personalized birthing plan. From prenatal screenings to delivery and postpartum care, we are here to keep you and your new family comfortable throughout your hospital stay.
We offer a wide range of services and amenities that help us provide top-quality maternity care, including:
- Access to our free pregnancy app
- Anesthesia services, including alternative pain relief options
- Breastfeeding support from lactation consultants
- Dedicated surgical suites
- Electronic infant security system to maintain your baby's safety at all times
- Healthy Arrivals prenatal education classes
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Prenatal screenings and ultrasound imaging
- Infant CPR classes
- Online web nursery to view newborn photos
- Tours provided by our maternity navigator
- Maternal-fetal medicine clinic
- Private postpartum rooms
- Separate bed for birth partner
- Skin-to-skin contact and rooming-in options
- Spacious labor and delivery rooms with rockers and recliners for your labor coach
- Spa tubs available for labor
- Support for vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
Our maternity navigator is available to keep you informed and prepared during every step of pregnancy, labor, delivery and postpartum care. Every patient is paired with a maternity navigator, so you have access to the one-on-one attention you need to feel confident on delivery day.
Maternity navigators help our patients in many ways, such as:
- Checking-in regularly throughout pregnancy
- Completing your pre-admission paperwork
- Creating and reviewing personalized birth plans
- Determining risks or health factors that may affect pregnancy
- Discussing hospital amenities that are important to you and your birth plan
- Helping you sign up for prenatal classes
- Leading tours of our birth center
- Talking about your partner's role during labor and delivery
- Understanding our hospital's maternity services
Compassionate care for maternity conditions
If complications arise during pregnancy or after birth, our doctors will be ready with step-by-step advice and expert care. We help patients with:
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Ectopic/tubal pregnancy
- Gestational diabetes
- Inappropriate lactation
- Persistent vomiting
- Placenta previa
- Placental abruption
- Postpartum depression
- Postpartum hemorrhage
- Premature birth
Maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide advanced care for women with high-risk pregnancies. Our maternal-fetal medicine clinic is operated by board-certified perinatologists who offer:
- Critical care obstetrics
- Genetic counseling, including amniocentesis and ultrasound evaluations
- Maternal diabetes patient management
- Prenatal diagnosis
Neonatal intensive care unit
If your child requires specialized care following birth, you can be confident in the expert neonatal service we provide in our on-site Level III NICU. We use the latest technologies and treatments to care for preemies born as early as 28 weeks and infants with other serious health concerns.
New parents can remain close to their newborns during a NICU stay. You'll also have access to our live video cameras to see your baby if you need to leave the hospital.
When your child can leave the NICU and go home, we offer parents a "rooming-in" option to help them transition their babies from the NICU to home. Parents who room-in for one to two nights before coming home establish a strong bond with their babies and feel more comfortable caring for their newborns outside of the hospital.
The NICU team works around-the-clock to provide top-quality care in a nurturing and secure environment. Our team includes:
- Lactation consultants
- Neonatal nurse practitioners
- Registered nurses experienced in neonatal care
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Support from our maternity navigator
Labor and delivery at HCA Midwest
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery