Weight loss doctors in Lee's Summit, MO
At Lee's Summit Medical Center, our team of bariatric surgeons creates a treatment plan to meet your specific needs for you to be successful in your weight loss. We're with you during your entire weight loss journey, providing support and expertise throughout every step.
For more information about bariatric surgery, call our weight loss coordinator at (816) 282-5902.
Lee's Summit Medical Center provides access to experienced weight loss specialists who have a combined 30 years of experience in bariatric surgery. They also hold more than 40 patents for surgical inventions, many of which allow for fewer incisions, less scarring and a faster recovery.
This hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with national standards for health care quality and safety. The accreditation award recognizes this hospital’s dedication to continuous compliance with The Joint Commission’s state-of-the-art standards.
Our bariatric surgery options
Our team of bariatric surgeons is trained in many procedures designed to accelerate weight loss safely and easily. The surgeries are minimally invasive, meaning you'll be back on your feet soon and on your way to losing weight. If you're a candidate for bariatric surgery, you could have one of the following procedures done:
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: This procedure creates a small pouch to hold food, limiting the amount of food that can be consumed and make you feel full.
- Revision weight loss surgery: Revision procedures are for those who have already had bariatric surgery and experienced complications or results have not been successful.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: This procedure uses a small part of the stomach to create a new stomach pouch that bypasses part of the small intestine.
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy: Vertical sleeve gastrectomies remove a large portion of the stomach, limiting the amount of food you can eat and help you feel fuller after smaller meals.
- Non-surgical weight loss procedure: We offer a two-part weight loss system that places a temporary gastric balloon in the stomach to limit how much you can comfortably eat at one time. We also include a one-year coaching program to help you maintain your new lifestyle.
Bariatric surgery at HCA Midwest Health
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is performed on patients with obesity. There are several types of bariatric procedures, but all focus on making modifications to the digestive system with the goal of significant weight loss.Learn about Bariatric surgery
Retrieving location data...