Health podcast. Are you into podcasts? Here's the health podcast you don't want to miss. Listen online or subscribe today! Listen to our Podcast
About the Independence Hospital and ER
Centerpoint Medical Center is part of HCA Midwest, a network of hospitals in the Kansas City and surrounding areas. Our campus includes the medical center itself and a medical office building/outpatient services center connected to the hospital (on the west side of the hospital).
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
Hospital and ER features
- Level II Trauma Center (only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center with Nurse Navigator
- Stroke Center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns, and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, pain center, sleep disorder center, imaging, rehab and more.
Learn more about the hospital and ER in Independence: