Health podcast. Are you into podcasts? Here's the health podcast you don't want to miss. Listen online or subscribe today! Listen to our Podcast
About the Independence Hospital and ER
Centerpoint Medical Center is part of HCA Midwest, a network of hospitals in the Kansas City and surrounding areas. Our campus includes the medical center itself and a medical office building/outpatient services center connected to the hospital (on the west side of the hospital).
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
Hospital and ER features
- Level II Trauma Center (only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center with Nurse Navigator
- Stroke Center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns, and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, pain center, sleep disorder center, imaging, rehab and more.
Learn more about the hospital and ER in Independence:
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Together, we will be the premier healthcare destination for all we serve.
Values (I CARE)
Integrity – We must model high, ethical standards, which means doing the right thing when no one is looking and walking the talk as leaders.
Compassion – No longer are we to live by the Golden Rule, but rather we are to live and operate by the Platinum Rule, which is to treat people how they want to be treated and being responsive to their needs.
Always – We are focused on creating a Culture of Always. This means every patient, every time and every touch. Always. Not Sometimes, Not Usually. Always.
Respect – It is imperative to demonstrate respect and teamwork to each and every employee, while focusing on patient-centered care.
Excellence – When you add the first four values together (Integrity, Compassion, Always and Respect), we will be the destination of Excellence and our metrics and indicators will prove it.