Intensive adult mental healthcare in the Kansas City Area
About the Vine Unit
Serving an adult population, the Vine Unit combines stabilization for acute symptoms of mood and anxiety disorders with an active, intensive therapy program. Patients in this unit are highly motivated to engage in their treatment, and participate in a full day of group and individual therapy. Patients work with members of their treatment team, including psychiatrists, licensed professional counselors, registered nurses, occupational and expressive therapists and mental health technicians.
The Vine Unit is a quiet, relaxed environment, helping patients work towards the therapeutic goal of gaining new perspectives and mastering new coping skills. Our comprehensive program is impactful. It helps stabilize psychiatric symptoms in a short period of time.
The Vine Unit features an integrated approach, synthesizing elements of evidence-based methods and techniques, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Experiential Therapy
Whether it’s learning ways to regain balance and calm in the face of overwhelming emotions, exploring thought patterns related to depression, or developing assertive communication skills, patients have an opportunity to heal and grow individually and together.
For many adults, receiving consistent mental health care can unfortunately take a backseat to the demands and responsibilities of work, family and school. As a result, problems that go unaddressed for too long can lead to symptoms which become unmanageable and require hospitalization. We offer treatment that can be initiated and accelerated quickly. Rather than waiting for a follow-up appointment after an initial evaluation, patients can begin actively addressing problems in a sustained manner, learning with and from one another.
Active and intensive therapy program
- Full day of treatment, including group and individual therapy and daily visits with a psychiatrist to discuss medication management.
- Traditional psychoeducation groups are augmented by active approach focusing on experiences in here-and-now, allowing patients to better integrate and practice coping techniques
- Immersive program in group setting quickly brings patients closer together and creates group cohesion.
- Impactful group sessions can be explored further with peers, instead of waiting days or weeks to continue the discussion in an outpatient setting
- Individualized treatment plans target specific, measurable goals that patients can work towards during their time on the unit and after discharge
Relaxed and safe environment
- No aggressive or disruptive behaviors are permitted on the Vine Unit
- Stigmas of inpatient mental health care are quickly neutralized
- Small group sizes allow for more individual attention and participation
- Peers in similar situations help to normalize the process for new admits
- Synthesizes elements of leading, evidence-based approaches such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Emotion-Focused Therapy
- Experiential approaches to therapy give patients opportunity to “learn by doing”, in addition to more traditional methods
- Holistic programming includes art and recreational therapy, as well as informational sessions with pharmacist
- 24-hour psychiatric care
To learn more about the Vine Unit or to schedule an appointment, please call: (816) 444-8161.
To arrange for an assessment online, please visit our patient scheduling portal.
Retrieving location data...