Any sports injury can sideline your MVP. However, as their biggest fan you want to make sure they receive the appropriate care and treatment that will prevent them from future injuries. When injuries happen, our sports medicine doctors in Kansas City are determined to get them back on the field quickly, and to make sure their developing body is healed properly.
Fast Care in Your Corner
Our Kansas City hospitals, sports medicine doctors and orthopedic surgeons don’t drop the ball when it comes to getting you the right care quickly. With convenient access to 11 Kansas City emergency rooms with the shortest wait times in the area, and over 150 locations, we make sure athletes are seen fast and are back in play as quickly as possible.
Comprehensive Care for Peewees and Pros
Our orthopedic sports medicine doctors and physical therapists offer an all-star team ready to care for your MVP. Our team approach covers a wide variety of disciplines working together to provide seamless, high-quality, personalized care to fit your athlete’s unique needs.
For more information, please call (816) 823-0647.
Injury Prevention & Safety
To win the game you must have a good offensive strategy, but also a good defense. Our specialists teach proper strength building, flexibility, conditioning and endurance training techniques to help minimize the risk of injury.
Seeing stars requires star medical care. Concussions are serious and returning to the field before complete recovery can put athletes at risk for permanent brain injury. HCA Midwest Health offers a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary program to aid in recovery and a safe return to play. We also provide ImPACT™ concussion baseline testing. This is the test used on professional athletes to evaluate recovery after a concussion.
Sports can be fun and have many social, emotional and physical health benefits. But they can also be dangerous. We are committed to the health and safety of the athletes in our community. Pre-participation physicals are an essential part of this commitment. They include a physical exam and review of an athlete’s medical history to determine if it is safe for them to partake in the activity of their choice.
We hope that you’ll never need orthopedic surgery. But sometimes it is necessary to restore function or when other treatments fail to provide relief. In addition to our local Kansas City hospitals, HCA Midwest Health has six ambulatory surgery centers offering orthopedic surgery services:
- Centerpoint Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Heart of America Surgery Center
- Mid-America Surgery Institute
- Overland Park Surgery Center
- Surgicenter of Johnson County
- Surgicenter of Kansas City
Our orthopedic surgery teams provide specialty care for a wide range of conditions, including:
- Shoulder and elbow surgery
- Total joint reconstruction
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
Surgical sports medicine including:
- ACL surgery
- Knee arthroscopy
- Torn meniscus surgery
- Other orthopedic surgeries
We're committed to keeping you healthy, and helping you live an active lifestyle. We strive to effectively and quickly get you back on your feet and back to doing the activities you love.
Physical Therapy / Rehabilitation
With the goal of getting back in the game as safely and quickly as possible, our physical therapy and sports injury rehabilitation program concentrates on restoring strength, movement and endurance, managing pain and preventing permanent damage and reoccurring issues. Because we’d rather see you in the game than in our hospitals.
Athletic Training & Therapy
You may have already seen our athletic trainers at a soccer match, football or hockey game. We partner with local schools, leagues and professional teams to provide athletic training services to help keep our athletes of all ages on the field. Our athletic trainers are all certified to assess and triage minor sports injuries that occur during play. They also work with our specialists to develop a safe return to play plan tailored for each athlete.
Sports injuries happen. And many times, not during normal business hours. But HCA Midwest has the bases covered. We offer 8 urgent care centers, 8 hospital based and 3 community based emergency rooms for care that is needed now. All conveniently located close to where you play.
When you choose HCA Midwest Health, you have access to:
- The combined clinical expertise of doctors, physical therapists and athletic trainers to help you stay at the top of your game
- Experience based on long-time partnerships with schools, leagues, colleges and professional teams that translates into results for athletes of all levels
- Dynamic, sport-specific, one-on-one evaluation, training, rehab and performance enhancement programs tailored to your condition and objectives
- Advanced evaluation and physical rehabilitation tools and facilities including video analysis, hydrotherapy pools and an outdoor assessment field to simulate game conditions for individual sports
- Post-rehabilitation and athletic development programs to help you transition back to your favorite sport or activity
- Our sports medicine experts use an advanced, modern approach to orthopedic sports care, which combines knowledge and commitment to excellence in the care of athletes of all levels and their families. Our team works together every day to you get back in the game and moving