Targeted, personalized rehabilitation therapy can help you overcome physical, functional or communication-related challenges caused by illness, injury or other conditions. HCA Midwest Health’s outpatient rehabilitation services have helped thousands of people gain, improve and preserve strength and skills to help them live fuller, more independent and productive lives.
Your recovery and quality of life are our top priorities. We can help you work therapy into your life, so you can reach your goals and maintain your progress long-term. Whether your rehabilitation requires physical, occupational, speech therapy or some combination, you’ll find the experienced expert care you need with HCA Midwest Health.
Our highly specialized physical therapists will assess your condition and create a plan to treat any short- or long-term movement problems that are affecting your everyday life. Your plan may involve:
- Exercise and strength training
- Manual therapy (such as massage or the manipulation of muscles by a therapist)
- Gait training, to learn how to walk without further injury
- Balance and endurance training
- The proper use of artificial limbs or a walker, crutches or wheelchair
- Education to help maintain and build on progress
Occupational therapy helps people develop or recover skills for daily living and return to ordinary activities at home and at work. Our therapists work with people affected by accidents, injuries, physical, mental, neurological or developmental conditions. Your plan may include:
- Upper extremity strengthening
- Hand, arm and shoulder therapy
- Gross and fine motor control
- Cognitive retraining
- Visual-perceptual training
- Sensory integration
- Energy conservation
Speech and Language Pathology and Therapy
Illness, injury and developmental delays can affect your ability to speak or swallow. Our experienced speech therapists can assess your speech, language and thinking skills, as well as swallowing problems. We’ll work with you, your physician and other members of your care team to improve communication and swallowing skills.
Our therapists are also specially trained in working with children and families to help those with autism spectrum disorders, neurologic or genetic disorders, and challenges related to reading, fluency, language, voice, swallowing or attention.
Convenient, compassionate care for your complete rehabilitation
Our therapists work with all kinds of people in all kinds of situations. We know how to put you at ease and help you stay motivated throughout the rehab process. We can help you rehabilitate effectively from the most common to the most complex injuries or conditions, including:
- Stroke and other forms of brain Injury
- Neurological conditions such as spinal cord injury and Parkinson’s disease
- Joint replacement, such as knee or hip
- Orthopedics and spine surgery
- Muscular conditions, such as muscular dystrophy
- Balance disorders
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions
- Lymphatic disorders
- Cancer-related pain, fatigue and disability
- Sports medicine, including injuries and concussion recovery
- Women’s health issues, including pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence and pain
- Voice and swallowing
All seven HCA Midwest Health hospitals have outpatient rehabilitation services.
For referrals or more information about rehabilitation therapy at HCA Midwest Health, call the location convenient to you.
Belton Regional Medical Center Rehabilitation: (816) 348-1203
Centerpoint Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech/Language Pathology: (816) 698-8846 | Outpatient Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation: (816) 698-8844
Lafayette Regional Health Center Outpatient Rehabilitation: (660) 259-4448
Lee's Summit Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation: (816) 282-5985
Menorah Medical Center Inpatient Rehabilitation: (913) 201-5128 | Outpatient Rehabilitation: (913) 498-6990
Overland Park Regional Medical Center Rehabilitation: (913) 541-5001
Research Medical Center Inpatient Rehabilitation: (816) 223-7893 | Outpatient Rehabilitation: (816) 276-7123