For comfort, safety, expertise and amenities – more moms in Kansas City choose us.
Every pregnancy is unique. And no matter your needs or preferences, we make sure you and your baby get the happiest, healthiest start possible. We offer:
- Over 110 childbirth experts to choose from including obstetricians, certified nurse midwives and family care physicians
- Obstetrics care at six Kansas City hospitals
- Labor and delivery care at four conveniently located maternity hospitals
- The largest network of certified nurse midwives for moms-to-be wanting a low intervention birthing experience with the added safety of a full hospital staff
- High-risk care for mom and baby including Level II and Level III neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
- Specialized care for multiples and their mom
- Comprehensive fertility services
- Robust childbirth classes at multiple locations and online
- Customized amenities so you can design the delivery of your dreams
The Safest Place to Have a Baby
- 2 OB Emergency Rooms – 24/7 access to board-certified ObGyns for women during any stage of pregnancy and childbirth available at Overland Park Regional Medical Center and Research Medical Center
- OB Hospitalists – Experienced, board-certified ObGyn physicians in-house 24/7 at Research Medical Center.
- OB Trauma – The regions only OB trauma service that care’s for mom’s in unexpected situations located at Overland Park Regional Medical Center with board-certified ObGyn physicians in-house 24/7
- 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Units – Offering around the clock life-saving care with access to the expertise of specialists and sub-specialists
- Dedicated NICU Transport Team – Available to transport fragile newborns safely to the most appropriate level of care
- Dedicated Maternal Transport Team – Available to safely transport women experiencing complications during pregnancy, or immediately after giving birth, to a facility with higher level care
- Antepartum Unit – Home to the largest high-risk unit in the region for pregnant women who need 24/7 care at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Network – If both you and baby need advanced care, you don’t need to worry about being separated from your newborn. We offer the highest-level NICU in Kansas City where mom AND baby are able to stay together in ONE location
- The region’s most experienced labor and delivery team – We deliver more babies than any other hospital system in the KC area
- Part of a national network of hospitals – We participate in an HCA internal patient safety organization comparing outcomes and sharing best practices with hospitals across the nation
Amenities like Private Suitesare important to me.
From spacious maternity and birthing suites to gourmet meals, we keep moms comfortable and relaxed while they prepare for baby’s birth. Design your birthing experience with us today.
Emergency Maternity Care
At HCA Midwest Health, we are committed to the safety of the moms and babies in our communities. We offer OB emergency rooms at two hospital locations in the Kansas City area – Overland Park Regional Medical Center and Research Medical Center. These hospital ERs are staffed with experienced, board-certified obstetricians and are prepared to care for OB emergencies 24/7.
Our emergency ObGyns offer:
- Vaginal delivery after C-section (VBAC) 24-hours, everyday
- Review of test results and fetal heart rate tracings
- Collaborates with patient’s ObGyn or Midwife to deliver high-quality care