More moms choose us for the happiest, healthiest starts possible.
Bringing a new life into the world is one of the most exciting things you’ll ever do. Whether you’re pregnant, still trying or just beginning to plan your family, you’re making some of the most important decisions of your life. One of the questions you may have is, what’s the best hospital to have my baby in Kansas City? But deciding where to have your baby doesn’t have to be hard.
HCA Midwest Health delivers more babies than any other hospital system in the Kansas City region. In fact, we deliver more than 6,000 babies each year.
Each and every birth is supported by our unmatched expertise and resources. Together, our labor and delivery hospitals offer childbirth care and support that is unrivaled in the region.
- Comfortable and spacious maternity and birthing suites
- Customized birth plans allowing you to create a unique delivery experience tailored to your needs and preferences
- Alternative methods for labor pain relief including nitrous oxide available at Research Medical Center
- Four labor and delivery hospitals each including a Level II NICU or above to minimize complications and allow for a successful birth
- High-level care for both mom and baby – In most cases, mom and her newborn can stay together allowing a better opportunity for early bonding (and less anxiety for mom)
- Customized education provided to parents so that you feel more prepared to care for your baby upon discharge
- Guidance for bonding – We encourage skin-to-skin contact as soon and as often as safely possible
- Breastfeeding consultants to support and guide you every step of the way
As a part of HCA, America’s most patient-centered health system, we were instrumental in reducing elective, early-term deliveries and attaining better outcomes for mothers and their babies. Our research and work with the national My 39 Weeks™ campaign changed the standard for care across the country.
Birthing Center’s in Kansas City
Modern birthing suites, spa tubs for labor and lighting that sets a peaceful mood – these are just some of the many amenities we offer. Take a virtual tour of our Kansas City birthing centers:
Or schedule an in-person tour by calling:
Watch the video playlists below to meet some of our ObGyns and learn more about each of our maternity hospitals.