Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health offers comprehensive GI cancer care with a dedicated, multi-specialty team of physicians who collaborate on patient cases to assure the best care plan for a patient's individual needs and the quickest access to treatment possible. Our GI patient navigators walk each patient through their cancer journey from discovery through recovery. We offer greater access to national clinical research trials and cutting-edge therapies right here in our local communities.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health offers one of the most comprehensive genetic counseling programs in the region. We offer genetic risk assessment and counseling to women and men who have concerns about their personal and/or family history of cancer. Participants are provided with personalized information regarding genetic influences, specific cancer risks and targeted screening and prevention options.
Complex Gastrointestinal Oncology
At HCA Midwest Health our cancer programs are overseen by panels of physician experts who are recognized in their specialties. These multi-specialty steering committees develop cancer specific centers of excellence across the health system to ensure patients receive the highest quality care and the best patient experience. Our Complex GI Oncology program includes:
- Strong multi-specialty team of physicians
- Complex GI patient navigators throughout HCA Midwest Health
- Liver and Pancreas Institute at Research Medical Center focusing on diseases of the liver, pancreas and biliary tract. | Liver and Pancreas Institute Team
- Dedicated interdisciplinary complex GI oncology cancer conferences provide a forum where our specialists from radiation oncology, medical oncology, hepatology, surgery, pathology, and others, all meet to discuss and collaborate on patient cases to determine the best plan of care and quickest time to treatment.
- Access to early-phase clinical research trials and cutting-edge therapies in our local communities
- Personalized medicine through molecular profiling to tailor treatment options based on the genetic profile of the patient's cancer