Meet Our Doctors
Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute (KCHRI)
A racing heart, a skipped beat, a flutter in your chest — these can be a sign of an abnormal heart rhythm. If your primary care doctor detects a heart murmur or you’ve been experiencing symptoms of a heart rhythm disorder, you may need to see a cardiologist specializing in electrophysiology (EP) for testing and diagnosis.
The Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute at the HCA Midwest Health Heart and Vascular Institute brings the highest quality clinical care, research and arrhythmia education to Kansas City. We offer:
- Easy access to world-class heart care – We offer advanced arrhythmia care at multiple clinic and hospital locations around Kansas City so you never have to travel far for the care you need.
- A compassionate and patient-centered care philosophy – We don’t just treat the arrhythmia. We examine the whole person and devise a comprehensive treatment plan which can include yoga therapy or treatment for underlying issue like sleep apnea.
- Cutting-edge technology and care guided by the latest research resulting in the best possible outcomes
- A team approach – Our electrophysiologists collaborate with heart surgeons, interventional cardiologists, heart failure cardiologists and imaging cardiologist on your treatment plan to solve the most complex arrhythmias.
The Kansas City Heart Rhythm Institute is committed to making world-class electrophysiology care convenient for you and you loved ones.
KCHRI has three EP practice sites locations:
- Kansas City, MO
- Overland Park, KS
- Independence, MO
KCHRI has two outreach site locations:
- Manhattan, KS
- Wichita, KS
And offers electrophysiology services at four KC hospitals:
- Centerpoint Medical Center
- Menorah Medical Center
- Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Research Medical Center
We also offer pediatric arrhythmia care at the Pediatric Specialty Clinic at Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
Meet Our Electrophysiologists
KCHRI is led by internationally renowned leader in electrophysiology research and education, Dr. Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy, MD, FACC, FHRS. Our EP physicians are:
- Board Certified and fellows of ACC, HRS, APHRS, ESC, EHRA
- International experts advancing the field
- Prominent clinical researchers – over 400 peer reviewed publications, 1000 abstracts and are national primary investigators for several studies
- Leaders in arrhythmia education – Kansas City Heart Rhythm Symposium (KCHRS), International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage, Allied Professional Symposium, Fellows Boot Camp
- Invited speakers in several regional, national and international arrhythmia symposia
- Part of an International Electrophysiology Alliance – collaboration with Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, Mayo, Mount Sinai, TCAI, top leaders in China, Japan, Europe, South America and Australia. KCHRI physicians have alliances for research and patient education with EP centers all over the world
Conditions We Treat
We diagnose and treat all arrhythmia types and heart rhythm related conditions such as:
- Bradycardia (sinus node dysfunction, heart block)
- Atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Atrial flutter
- Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) – Atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia (AVNRT), atrioventricular reentry tachycardia (AVRT), Atrial tachycardia (AT), inappropriate sinus tachycardia (IST), Junctional ectopic tachycardia (JET)
- Ventricular Tachycardia (VT)
- Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs)
- Adult congenital heart disease arrhythmias
- Inherited cardiac arrhythmias – Long QT, Brugada, Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy (HOCM), Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia (ARVD), Catecholaminergic polymorphic VT
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Heart Failure - cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmic myocarditis
KCHRI offers the latest tests at seven locations to conveniently and accurately diagnose your heart arrhythmia.
KCHRI offers leading treatment options and cutting-edge technology to treat all types of heart arrhythmia.