Care for the whole person, not just the cancer
Cancer Wellness helps patients and caregivers:
- Manage symptoms
- Improve quality of life
- Be proactive and involved in their care
The comprehensive, evidence-based wellness program at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health is here to support you every step of the way. Whether you are wanting to reduce your risk of cancer, have been diagnosed, are in treatment or survivorship, we have the expert care you need.
Talk to your care team about how to access any of the resources that we have to offer or call AskSARAH (816) 448-7737.
Cancer Wellness Program
- Education Resources & Classes – Learn from experts about wellness strategies and tips to implement them into your personal care plan.
- Patient Navigators – A constant point of contact for the patient and family to help coordinate care, answer questions, and remove barriers.
- Nutrition – Meet with our cancer dietician to gain individual guidance at any point in treatment or survivorship.
- Oncology Social Workers – Meet with patients and families to assess psychosocial needs. They promote healthy coping by advocating for patients, providing education and resources.
- Exercise – Gain insight from our certified cancer exercise specialist on exercise tips during and after treatment.
- Weight Management – Cancer specific resources to help you maintain a healthy body composition to be the best you.
- Survivorship – After your diagnosis and treatment, you may worry about what’s next. Our program includes medical and wellness summary that guides you through what to expect and next steps.
- Community Resources – Our team will help assess which resources would be beneficial for you and can help make appropriate connections to set your mind at ease.
- Smoking Cessation – Join our free program led by compassionate and trained nurses to give you the best chances at quitting.
- Stress Management – We understand this is an extremely stressful time. Our program includes educational resources, classes and clinical guidance to help reduce the emotional stress you may be feeling.
- Advanced Cancer – All of our resources are designed to support patients with advanced disease and multiple side effects.
Oncology Rehabilitation – Our specialized team of physical, occupational, lymphedema and speech therapy will help you improve your physical functioning and well-being.