Learning you have breast cancer can be an overwhelming experience, but you don’t have to face it alone. The breast cancer experts at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute HCA Midwest Health provide personalized cancer care that is tailored to address your unique needs. We offer a full range of services that use the most advanced therapies and treatments to ensure you have the best outcome possible and have the support you need every step of the way.
Technologies and Treatment
Your cancer is unique to you and your treatment should be also. Our breast cancer specialists work together to determine the treatment plan that best fits your needs and goals. Sarah Cannon HCA Midwest Health offers personalized medicine including tumor profiling to tailor your treatment specifically to your cancer type based on your genetic makeup.
Our breast cancer treatments include:
- Chemotherapy – medications to shrink or destroy breast cancer cells
- Scalp-cooling treatment – technology designed to work with a woman’s chemotherapy to help prevent hair loss
- Radiation Oncology – beams of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells
- Mammosite® – outpatient radiation therapy that works from the inside of the lumpectomy cavity for faster healing with fewer side effects
- HDR Brachytherapy – advanced technology to make radiation treatment more accurate and effective
Surgical options include:
- daVinci® surgical robot – provides greater control in hard-to-reach areas with fewer side effects and reduced pain
- Hidden Scar Surgery – a cutting-edge approach to removing breast cancer where your surgeon places the incision in a hard-to-see location, so that the scar is not visible when the incision heals.
We offer some of the most advanced technologies available, which means you don't need to leave the comfort of your community hospital to receive top cancer care.
A specially trained oncology nurse will work directly with you to guide you through your cancer journey. As part of our comprehensive breast cancer program, your patient navigator serves as the contact person to help coordinate your care and answer any questions you might have.
Our board-certified genetic counselors work with you to identify hereditary factors and risks for you and your family. They provide guidance on steps you can take to reduce your risk of developing cancer and detect it early.
Clinical Research Program
Our clinical research program looks at new ways to prevent, detect or treat disease. Clinical studies are available through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute, and various pharmaceutical and CRO partners.
As part of Sarah Cannon Research Institute, our patients have greater access to the most promising clinical trials with therapies and treatments that may benefit their treatment and recovery, including studies on immunotherapies. Over the last decade, Sarah Cannon has been a clinical leader in the majority of newly approved cancer therapies.
Resources and Support
You don’t have to go through breast cancer alone. We connect you to many resources and organizations available to help as you go through your cancer journey.
We understand that a breast cancer diagnosis touches every aspect of your life. We offer a variety of wellness programs that focus on emotional wellbeing in addition to physical healing. Please ask a member of our staff for more details about what’s available.
Meet Our Team
Helping you improve your health is the top priority of our physicians who combine compassionate caring with years of experience and training from top institutions. Learn more about our team of specialists.