“No matter your type of brain cancer, we specialize in personalized care for you in your own community.” — Amandeep Kalra, MD, Medical Director, Neuro Oncology
The brain and spine tumor program of Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health provides comprehensive state-of-the-art medical care for patients with a variety of benign and malignant brain tumors. We provide personalized cancer care based on your specific type of cancer through genetic profiling, plus access to the latest clinical research trials.
With a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care, you will be seen by a team of board-certified and fellowship trained specialists including a neuro oncologist, neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist. Depending on your cancer treatment, you may also receive care from an advanced team of specialists in neuroradiology, neuro pain intervention and neuro rehabilitation.
Through multidisciplinary patient case conferences our specialists are able to collaborate in a shared clinical setting each week. This approach to patient care allows for faster decision making in diagnosis and time to treatment.
Common Brain Tumor Symptoms
- Confusion and disorientation
- Drowsiness or lethargy
- Difficulty thinking, speaking, or finding words
- Loss of balance or difficulty walking
- Memory loss
- Personality or behavior changes
- Seizures or convulsions
- Sensory loss like numbness or tingling
- Vision changes
- Vomiting or nausea
- Weakness or paralysis in a part/side of the body
The symptoms of a brain tumor in men, women and children vary depending on the size and location of the tumor, and many of these symptoms can also be caused by other health problems. Talk with your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
Conditions We Treat
- All types of Malignant Brain and Spine tumors
- All types of Benign Brain and Spine tumors
- All types of Gliomas, including Glioblastoma
- Anaplastic Astrocytoma
- Primary CNS lymphomas
- Metastatic brain tumors
Technologies & Treatment
- Access to the most advanced clinical research trials
- Advanced new FDA approved electronic devices (OPTUNE, Novocure-TTF TM)
- Advanced oral chemotherapy, IV chemotherapy, targeted and immunotherapy options
- CyberKnife® Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Gamma Knife® Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Individualized neurologic and systemic symptoms management
- Intrathecal chemotherapy infusion (via Ommaya device)
- NeuroBlate® System
- Skull-based procedures
- State-of-the-art chemotherapy infusion center
- TrueBeam™ Accelerator
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated therapy (IMRT)
- Planar and cone-beam CT imaging
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Brain Tumor Support Groups
- Nutritional Services
- Palliative Care Pain Consult
- Passionate, Highly-skilled Oncology Nurses
- Sarah Cannon brain cancer blog
- Social Work Services
Message from the Medical Director
Specializing in your type of brain or spine cancer is what we do best. By providing personalized cancer care based on your tumor’s genetic profile, we are able to target your cancer with the most effective treatment possible, right here in your community.
Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Midwest Health provides a multi-disciplinary approach to treating our cancer patients. You are able to get the specialized expertise of a neuro oncologist, neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist in the same setting. This multidisciplinary approach helps in faster diagnosis and quicker time to treatment.
Specializing in your type of brain or spine cancer is what we do best.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with brain cancer and you are seeking expertise and treatment, or if you are looking for a second opinion, we provide cutting-edge treatment and compassionate care.
We would be honored to tell you more about our program and have you meet our expert team.
Amandeep Kalra, MD