About our program
The 32 months of core rotations are arranged so that less strenuous rotations follow more challenging months. Plus, there are four months of electives during the second or third year which may include a distant experience, such as a rural rotation or international experiences.
There are three optional “tracks” available to our residents: the OB track is for those residents with a special interest in maternity care. The OMT track allows our osteopathic residents the opportunity to utilize and improve their skills.
The integrative medicine track integrates conventional medicine with complementary evidence-based helpful healthcare modalities from alternative therapies.
Noon conferences are offered at the Brookside and Research Medical Center campuses nearly every day on a variety of specialties as well as family practice centered topics. Training in a broad range of procedures is offered including:
- Repair of complex lacerations
- OB sonography
- Joint injections
- Endometrial biopsy, D&C
Welcome from our Program Director
Research Family Medicine is situated in Kansas City, centered at Research Medical Center, a large tertiary care community hospital in the urban core. Research Medical Center provides routine and specialty care to patients both from the community and referred from our extensive outreach network.
The program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values and ideals.
Get to Know the Team
Kavitha Arabindoo, MD, MPH,
- Food provided while on duty at Research Medical Center
- Personal phone & laptop computer to use for three years
- Night-float call system for R2/R3
- OB track option
- Integrative medicine track option
- OMT track option
- CME leave of five days per year
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, ALSO, NRP, and FCCS (Fundamentals of Critical Care Support) certifications all paid
- Four weeks (20 days) of paid vacation each year
- Opportunities for medical mission trips
- Moonlighting allowed and encouraged for all eligible, interested residents during R3
- Health and dental insurance for residents and their family available at a shared cost, effective on Day 1 (July 1st) of residency
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Paid membership to American Academy of Family Physicians, AMA, MSMA, and others
- Daily noon conferences
- Procedures curriculum and workshops (4-5 times per year)
- Family medicine seminars (monthly, per PGY level) d. Family medicine Friday morning conferences (weekly Friday)
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.