About Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus
Research Medical Center - Brookside Campus (RMC Brookside) is a comprehensive center offering a wide range of outpatient medical services. From emergency care for sudden illnesses or injuries to wellness programs for everyday health, we are standing by to meet our patients' needs. Set on a 37-acre campus close to Research Medical Center, RMC Brookside includes ER of Brookside, the Center for Outpatient Services, imaging and diagnostics, Research Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, women’s care, primary care, several specialty practices and a health and fitness center with a swimming pool.
For more information about RMC Brookside, call (816) 276-7000.
ER of Brookside
At ER of Brookside, our freestanding emergency room (ER), we offer the same services found at a traditional ER and provide fast, effective emergency care to patients of all ages. Our team includes board-certified emergency medicine physicians, highly trained critical care nurses and support staff, advanced equipment and laboratory services.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911.
Comprehensive outpatient specialty services
We offer several specialty services at our RMC Brookside campus, including:
- Same-day surgical procedures
- Imaging services, including ultrasounds, mammograms and computerized tomography (CT) scans
- Internal and family medicine, including women’s care and geriatric medicine
- Orthopedic care, including sports medicine, for injuries and conditions affecting the bones, joints, tendons and ligaments
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Treatment for sleep disorders at our sleep lab
Center for Outpatient Surgery
At our outpatient surgery center, we work closely with patients, families and doctors to answer every question about our procedures. We proactively explain how to prepare for surgery, what to expect the day of surgery and the best ways to make a timely recovery. Our experienced physicians specialize in:
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- Eye surgery
- General surgery, including gastrointestinal surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Heart and vascular surgery
Outpatient therapy and rehabilitation
Our highly trained therapists provide one-on-one care, developing and implementing a specific treatment plan to help patients regain function, reduce pain and recover as quickly as possible. Our specialists offer a full spectrum of physical and occupational therapy programs, including:
- Aquatic therapy
- Cancer rehab
- Hand therapy
- Lymphedema therapy
- Neurological therapy
- Orthopedic therapy
- Pediatric therapy
- Post-concussive therapy
- Vestibular therapy
- Women’s/pelvic health therapy
To schedule an outpatient appointment with one of our therapists, call (816) 276-7584.
Care Connect aftercare program
At RMC Brookside, our Care Connect program helps patients maintain their health, especially after receiving emergency or outpatient care. This follow-up service is designed to screen test results for potential health problems. After screening, we set up an appointment to discuss our findings. Then, we help patients get any additional care they need.
Brookside Health and Fitness Center
The Brookside Health and Fitness Center provides exercise programs, personal training and education opportunities for patients, members of the local community and HCA Midwest Health employees. Our skilled trainers and specialists provide health tips to minimize injuries and maximize workouts.
Our goal is rehabilitation and the prevention of illness and disease by helping patients stay in shape, reduce stress and manage pain. To achieve these goals, we offer:
- Exercise classes, from yoga and Pilates to Zumba and boot camp-style workouts
- Fitness amenities, including a variety of cardio machines, a basketball court, weight machines, free weights, a whirlpool and a 1/16-mile cushioned indoor track
- Massage therapy
- Personal training
- Swimming pool with open swim sessions and classes, including water aerobics, interval training and arthritis therapy
For more information about our fitness center or to schedule a massage, call (816) 276-7123.
Getting to RMC Brookside
We’re located in south Kansas City, less than two miles from the main campus of Research Medical Center. Our address is:
6675 Holmes Road
Kansas City, MO 64131
ER of Brookside location
The ER of Brookside entrance is on the northwest side of campus, off Rockhill Road. The address is:
6601 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64131