6601 Rockhill Road
Kansas City, MO 64131
About ER of Brookside
At the ER of Brookside, we offer high-quality care for adults and children in the Brookside and surrounding area. Our freestanding location is a full-service emergency room (ER), which means we deliver the same level of emergency care as a hospital-based ER. ER of Brookside is a campus of Research Medical Center.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911. Our freestanding ER has emergency medicine doctors, highly trained nurses, specialized equipment and services to treat a variety of medical conditions. Additionally, we offer:
- Access to the ACS verified level 1 trauma center and ER at Research Medical Center
- Board-certified physicians with extensive emergency treatment experience
- Cutting-edge diagnostic radiology, including CT scans, X-rays and ultrasounds
- Fast, convenient care for adults and kids
- On-site imaging tests and laboratory services
- Smooth, efficient transport for patients to our main emergency department or trauma center at the nearest hospital, if necessary
Injuries and conditions we treat
At ER of Brookside, our multidisciplinary care team provides treatment for a wide range of illnesses and injuries, including:
- Head injury or other major trauma
- Heart attack or cerebrovascular accident (stroke)
- Loss of consciousness
- One-sided weakness or numbness
- Open fractures
- Severe bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain
- Signs of heart attack/chest pain
- Uncontrolled pain or bleeding
Kid-friendly emergency care
Your child's injury or illness is important. ER of Brookside is one of 11 pediatric-ready emergency rooms in the HCA Midwest Health network, which means you can trust our specialists to know how to work with and treat your child on their level. As with adults, we move kids to our pediatric ER in Overland Park if advanced care becomes necessary.
Need health advice?
Our Nurses On-Call service is a good place for help with health questions. We offer advice and help from registered nurses who are available 24/7.
For more information or to reach Nurses On-Call, call (913) 541-5562.
Continuing your care after an ER visit
Sometimes after an ER visit, our doctors may recommend you receive follow-up care with a specialist. Following these instructions is important for monitoring your condition and promoting your recovery. Our team members may reach out to assist in scheduling an appointment. They can also help you find a doctor close to your home that offers the care you need.
The CareAssure program, part of our Care Connect initiative, helps patients ward off future health problems. Whether you came to us for an ER visit, had an inpatient hospital stay or received an outpatient service, our team will review your tests to identify any risk factors for a future medical event. Our goal is to diagnose conditions before they result in a medical emergency, like a heart attack or stroke. If a risk is identified, we will contact you and connect you with the care you need to prevent future health problems.
Check our ER wait times
Want to know which ER has the least amount of wait time? Check our average ER wait times and find the care you need quickly.