Between work, getting the house baby-ready and planning for childcare, when am I supposed to have time to tour multiple hospitals to figure out which one is best for me to deliver?
That moment when you find out you’re having a baby… time may seem to stop. Your dreams are coming true. But soon after, the planning begins, and time seems to be flying by faster than ever before! We understand that your busy life just got even busier. There is a lot to learn, do and decide – and you have less than nine months to do it!
Every step in a woman’s journey to motherhood is unique and exciting. Whether you’re a first-time mom or a veteran, you’re going to face questions and challenges that are completely new. That’s why HCA Midwest Health gives you the ability to customize your maternity, labor and delivery care to work best for you.
That includes online hospital tours – letting you see for yourself what each of our birthing centers is like on your schedule and from the comfort of your home (or even on your mobile device). Of course, we’d love to have you come in for a full tour as well. But the virtual tours can give you a sense of each facility and help you narrow your list.
You may not be aware that part of your hospital decision is made when you choose a physician or midwife Doctors have certain hospitals where they will deliver. So, if you’ve already chosen the provider who will see you through your pregnancy and delivery– find out where they deliver before you start comparing hospitals. If you are still choosing an obstetrician or midwife, our online physician finder can help.
Here are some other ways HCA Midwest Health can help create a birth experience as unique as you and your baby:
- Hospital Amenity Checklist. Select the hospital amenities most important to you such as spa tubs and wireless monitoring during labor, and breastfeeding support.
- Delivery Playlist. Take a short quiz to find the Spotify® playlist that best fits your personality (it’s free).
- Childbirth 101 App (also free). Information, tips and tools that will take you from pregnancy into your first months as a new mom – including appointment trackers, a contraction timer, kick counter and more (available on iPhone, iPad and Android devices).
- Childbirth classes. Register for classes that range from Babies 101 to Infant CPR to Breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy comes with a lot of body changes, which sometimes become unpleasant. This article takes a look at the most common and what you can do for relief.
And don’t forget Nurses On-Call, where you can talk to a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 1-800-386-9355 – a free service of HCA Midwest Health.