Todd Krass, CEO of Belton Regional Medical Center, accepted the prestigious 2012 Raymore Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award on Tuesday, January 22, at the Raymore Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Awards Luncheon.
The Raymore Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award was established to recognize a business in the community that is deeply committed and supportive of not only the Raymore Chamber of Commerce, but to the entire community.
Eric Berlin, Raymore’s City Manager and Chamber board member presented Krass the award. In making the presentation, Berlin stated:
“The recipient of the 2012 Raymore Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award is an entity that is an immense asset to our entire region, the Belton Regional Medical Center.
2012 was a red-letter year for Belton Regional Medical Center.
- The medical center changed its name from Research Belton Hospital to Belton Regional Medical Center in April to better reflect its role as a regional source of healthcare.
- In October, the medical center opened a new emergency department and operating suites, completing phase two of its $40 million, 37,000 square foot addition and renovation project. In late June 2012, it opened its new three story Medical Office Building and new hospital entrance.
- Belton Regional Medical Center is now the area’s only Level III Trauma Center, as designated by the Missouri Department of Health.
- In September, BRMC was named as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in key quality measures by the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading accreditor of healthcare, for the second straight year. BRMC is one of only a handful of hospitals in the Kansas City area to achieve this honor.
- In addition, BRMC is closely integrated into the community’s fabric, sponsoring and participating in numerous charity and public information events throughout the year.
It is my pleasure to award Belton Regional Medical Center the winner of the 2012 Raymore Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year Award.”
On Wednesday, January 23, Krass shared this honor with the staff at Belton Regional Medical Center in an all employee meeting. In doing so he stated “this is YOUR award.” “You have all worked very hard this past year and all of your efforts are to be commended. We look forward to the completion of our nearly two year long project of accomplishments when we open our new Interventional Cardiac Cath Lab, GI and pain clinic suite, and renovation of our patient rooms and other areas of the hospital in April of this year. A special thanks not only to you our employees, but also our physicians and our community.”