WHO: Lee’s Summit Medical Center: Our new Certified Diabetes Educator Dorothy Adams, BSN, MSN, APRN-BC has over 30 years of nursing and patient education experience. WHAT: Diabetes Education Classes
WHEN: Monthly offerings beginning in April.
- Session 1: Tuesdays - April 17, 24 and May 1, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Session 2: Tuesdays - May 15, 22 and 29, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Session 3: Tuesdays - June 12, 19 and 26, 6 – 8 p.m.
WHERE: Lee’s Summit Medical Center, 2100 SE Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, Missouri Classes are held in the Dogwood Room.
WHY: Lee’s Summit Medical Center, part of HCA Midwest Health System, Kansas City’s largest healthcare network, is offering new diabetes education classes. Information provided is tailored to the needs of the group with plenty of time for questions and answers.
- A small group setting where participants learn blood glucose monitoring and diabetes prevention.
- Meal planning, food preparation and weight loss education.
- Information about starting insulin therapy, and treatment of high and low blood sugars.
- Individual counseling and in-depth information when you need it.
- With your permission, share information with your doctor.
- Referral to a family physician or endocrinologist, if needed.
- Interaction with people facing similar challenges.
- And more.
HOW: Classes are free but require participants to register. Call 816-751-3000 to register or visit leessummitmedicalcenter.com for more information.