HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider, announces a comprehensive $93 million investment from HCA Healthcare. This new financing will support three HCA Midwest Health hospitals’ expansion plans—Centerpoint Medical Center, Lee’s Summit Medical Center and Research Medical Center—including development and delivery of innovative services, expansion in critical care beds, building additional floors, expanded emergency rooms, and infrastructure to support the growth of the area’s leading health system and increased demands of high-quality healthcare in the Kansas City region.
“With the expertise of a strong physician network and award-winning hospitals, advanced technology and high-quality, compassionate care, HCA Midwest Health has shown the community that we are committed to the care and improvement of human life by responding to their needs, while also contributing to building strong, thriving communities,” says M.L. Lagarde, III, President, HCA Midwest Health. “This is in addition to the more than $1 billion capital investment we’ve made in this community since 2005.”
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER
“Centerpoint Medical Center is well positioned to care for future generations by planning and fulfilling upon our commitments to our patients,” says David Williams, Centerpoint Medical Center Chief Executive Officer. ”Since building this hospital in 2007, we have experienced incredible growth. This expansion and injection of $59 million into Eastern Jackson County will make it possible for residents to stay closer to home to access state-of–the-art, award-winning care."
Centerpoint will receive $59 million for:
- Three new floors, two of which will be fully developed.
- Expansion of monitoring medical/surgical beds by 36 beds.
- 12 new ICU beds.
- New 16-bed Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation unit.
- Opportunity to expand the third tower based upon demand and needs.
- Centerpoint is building a $20 million cancer center to open Fall 2016.
- Centerpoint recently expanded the Emergency Room, with new low-acuity treatment track.
- Centerpoint Medical Center was built in 2007.
LEE’S SUMMIT MEDICAL CENTER
“Lee’s Summit Medical Center has a rich history of serving Lee’s Summit and the surrounding communities for more than 36 years,” says Matt Sogard, FACHE, Lee’s Summit Medical Center Chief Executive Officer. “The communities we serve continue to grow their healthcare needs. We are thrilled to respond to those needs and inject more than $11 million into Lee’s Summit to expand our capacity and continue our tradition of being the regional leader in providing service excellence and high–quality care.”
Lee’s Summit Medical Center will receive $11 million for:
- A third floor addition for medical and surgical care.
- An opportunity to further expand bed capacity as the need for care grows.
RESEARCH MEDICAL CENTER
“Research Medical Center has experienced tremendous growth in the past several years,” says Jackie DeSouza-Van Blaricum, Research Medical Center Chief Executive Officer. “The injection of this capital is a vote of confidence for our compassionate care team, dedicated physicians and good for our patients who deserve the best access to critical care support. This new investment allows us to continue to provide high-quality and highly specialized care focused on complex, critical patients, close to home.”
Research Medical Center will receive $23 million for:
- Expansion of the critical care unit to 42 beds, including ten new dedicated neuro-ICU beds and four dedicated beds for critical burn patients.
- Expansion of Research Brookside Free Standing Emergency Room, including observation beds.
- Expanded inpatient Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation unit with specialized care for traumatic injury patients.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center recently expanded by adding a new patient tower, emergency room and trauma department in 2014. Menorah Medical Center opened a new dedicated Women’s Center in 2016.
For more information on HCA Midwest Health and its family of hospitals, visit hcamidwest.com.