Your child’s needs and comfort come first
Whether it’s a one-time mishap or illness, or a chronic condition, your child deserves superior quality care delivered in a compassionate, child-friendly environment. We provide various pediatric care options, throughout the Kansas City area, to fit your child’s needs – close to where you live, work and play.
Four KC Metro NICUs
Ten Pediatric-Ready ERs
- A Maternal Fetal Health Center located at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU)
- Over 135 general pediatricians and family practice doctors
- 7 CareNow® Urgent Cares that are prepared to treat children 6 months and older
- A dedicated pediatric urgent care, After Hours Pediatrics
- 10 Pediatric-ready emergency rooms conveniently located throughout the Kansas City area
- A dedicated pediatric ER at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Dedicated pediatric outpatient services at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- A dedicated pediatric inpatient unit at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Overland Park Regional Medical Center
At HCA Midwest Health, we recognize that every child is unique. And that you know your child the best. That’s why we partner with you—to help you make the best decisions for your child’s health.
Pediatric Specialty Care
At Overland Park Regional Medical Center, a hospital of HCA Midwest Health, our pediatric team is committed to providing your little one with the highest quality care. We provide comprehensive children’s health services to patients before they are born through their teenage years. Our doctors, nurses, surgeons, clinicians and staff are all specifically trained in pediatrics and understand each child’s unique physical, emotional and social needs. We combine leading-edge technology and equipment with specialized treatments and procedures in order to provide the best possible outcomes for your child.
For more information or to find a pediatric doctor:
Physicians: For admission, transfers and consults:
We believe that your child should have access to the care they need when they need it – not months later. Whether your child is referred by an ER or their general pediatrician, we can usually have them seen by a pediatric sub-specialist within just two days.
When your child is sick or injured it can be scary for both you and your child. Every room in our inpatient unit is private – with a bathroom and enough room for you to stay with your child in comfort. Our child life specialists are available to help your child with relaxation, distraction and coping skills before, during and after procedures or surgeries.
- Allergy and Asthma
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- Concussion Management
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery
- General Surgery
- Psychiatry (Outpatient only. Inpatient services available at Research Psychiatric Center)
- Developmental and Behavioral
- Speech Therapy
- Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Laboratory and Pathology
- And more!
Meet our Pediatric Specialists
Watch the video playlist below to learn more about our doctor’s care philosophy and why they love working with children.
Pediatric Emergency Care
Having to take your child to the ER is not something any parent or caregiver wants to think about. But sometimes emergencies happen and you want to be prepared. It’s good to know where your closest pediatric-ready ER is located. It’s also good to know which ERs can treat your child quickly.
All of our 11 Kansas City emergency rooms are ready to treat your little one with little to no wait time.
A Dedicated Pediatric ER
Overland Park Regional Medical Center offers a dedicated pediatric emergency room open 24/7 with board certified pediatricians specially trained in emergency treatment. And like all of our ERs, with little to no wait time. Here, your child will also have direct access to Johnson County’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.