Whether you need emergency care for chest pain or long-term management of a chronic cardiac condition, the heart care experts at HCA Midwest Health offer comprehensive treatment for a wide range of heart conditions. Our experienced cardiologists will treat you in a professional, yet comfortable, setting.
With the area’s only network of award-winning, accredited chest pain centers, your chance of surviving a heart attack improves by more than 35 percent. No other Kansas City area hospitals open up clogged arteries for heart attack patients faster than we do. And that’s important when minutes count to avoid heart damage.
You can be confident in the heart care team at HCA Midwest Health to provide you with expert diagnosis, treatment and management of any heart or vascular condition.
Heart Attack Warning Signs
- Discomfort in the chest such as pressure, fullness or squeezing
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in areas of the upper body such as shoulders, arms, back, neck and jaw
- Sweating, lightheadedness, and nausea
If you or someone you know is experiencing any of these symptoms, call 911 and get to an ER!
Conditions We Treat
- Abnormal heart rhythms, or arrhythmia – means that a person’s heart is beating at an abnormal rhythm.
- Aortic aneurysm – is a weak, bulging area in the wall of the aorta, the body’s largest artery.
- Angina – is chest pain or pressure due to coronary heart disease.
- Congestive heart failure – is a progressively worsening condition that occurs when the heart cannot pump enough blood to keep up with the body’s needs.
- Coronary artery disease – involves damage or disease in the arteries that supply blood to the heart.
- Heart attack – occurs when the blood flow to the heart is interrupted, which results in damage or death of affected areas of the heart. View heart attack warning signs
- Valve disease – is when one or more of the heart’s valves are not working as they should.