Robotic Surgery in Kansas City
Minimally invasive surgery offers smaller incisions and greater surgical precision
Until recently, surgery patients had to choose between traditional “open” surgery with a large incision, or laparoscopy, which uses small incisions but cannot be used for all procedures. HCA Midwest Health System offers robotic-assisted surgery as an innovative option for patients. Robot-assisted surgery provides surgeons with greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing extremely complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions.
There's no such thing as “routine” surgery. We work closely with patients, families and doctors to be sure that every question is answered and every concern addressed – including advice on how to prepare for your surgery, what to expect during your treatment and the best ways to make a fast, full recovery.
The da Vinci®
- Provides greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing extremely complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions
- Advanced level technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand
- An alternative to open surgery with significantly less pain and fewer side effects
- Safely and painlessly treats tumors with pinpoint accuracy without making a single incision
- A painless, outpatient option without the risks and complications associated with conventional surgery
- Completed in one to five treatments, a significant advantage over conventional radiation therapy that can require up to eight weeks of daily treatments
The Gamma Knife®
- Offers new hope and treatment options to people suffering from tumors, trigeminal neuralgia or vascular malformations of the brain
- Is a medical device that uses a computer-based technology called stereotactic radiosurgery
- Offers several advantages over both conventional neurosurgery and other forms of stereotactic radiosurgery, including safety, cost & effectiveness
Robotic Surgery Locations Across the Kansas City Metropolitan
Centerpoint Medical Center
Centerpoint Medical Center has numerous physicians who use the the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System for a variety of minimally invasive robotic surgical procedures, including urological, gynecological and general surgery.
Menorah Medical Center
Menorah Medical Center is proud to be the first hospital in Kansas City and in the state of Kansas to offer the CyberKnife® Radiosurgery System. We are also home to the da Vinci®, an alternative to open surgery.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Overland Park Regional Medical Center has added the da Vinci® robotic surgical system to its comprehensive surgical services, which allows physicians to perform complex surgical procedures through very small incisions.
Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has added the da Vinci® robotic surgical system to our comprehensive surgical services. We are also home to the Gamma Knife®, which offers new hope and treatment options to people suffering from tumors.